final teenage year

December 9 – Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? 
Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. 

Originally, I thought this prompt was lame-o: I don't party. That's not my cup of tea. I'd given up on this idea of following this blog thing: I'll blog when I want to, and on the topic I choose.
But then I remembered a party this last year; a rockin' party: hosted by my seester, Adrienne. It was my birfday party--19 grand years old. My birthday fell on a Sunday, for which I thought it was super lame: you can't celebrate on a Sunday. The day calls for holiness, not craziness--which is what I associate with a party. 
But we did, and it was a simple, fun party: Adrienne offered to make the cake and asked what kind I'd like. I actually... hate cake. But I had a BETTER idea: a rice crispy cake!!! Adrienne was quite repulsed by the idea, but being a kind sister she made it anyway. 

A couple close friends attended: Parker, Chris, Jeff, Paul, Brant, Tiffany, Michelle... a really neat evening at apt 18. Adrienne, doubting the preference for rice crispies, made a real cake for the "normal" people. 

Let's just say there were a lot of rice crispies left over for us afterwards!


Comments