11 Things

December 11 – 11 Things: What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

1)     Self-consciousness: Stop seeing myself negatively. My roommates and I are doing this li’l thing, the 10 Day Beauty Challenge that I stumbled upon from a random blog. It’s really time to stop getting so down on myself for so many things. Yes, I want to constantly improve myself, but looking at myself as a huge mistake is probably not the way to go about it.
2)     Facebook obsessiveness. Oh, is this not what every college student needs to eliminate? I have been on a facebook fast for the last two weeks in hopes to boost some final exam scores. Living life actively is far more worthwhile than half-heartedly. Turning that technology off (or limiting my consumption of it) feels empowering.
I hate to admit that this really came from our cupboards.
3)     Laziness. I never thought I was lazy growing up compared to other kids. In my family? Laziest butt for sure (well…coming in second behind Adam, of course. The loafer. And come to think of it… maybe third to Isaac…I’m feeling better about myself every second!). Adrienne & Kristie have always been highly productive, and I feel inadequate in comparison. In school, in extra-curricular, at work…they’ve far surpassed my desire to work hard. I’m finished being lazy. I need to shake that bad habit off.
4)     Poor eating habits.
5)     More careful media: Already I am nerdy about what I do and don’t watch. I think that’s one thing people probably don’t know about me: the reason I don’t watch a lot of television/movies is that I feel like most of them are crap. The morals, language, violence… why would I want that subliminally influencing me? I already have no idea who I am—why add to the confusion? J but still, I want to be even more selective about music—making sure it’s not promoting something I am uncomfortable announcing to the world.
6)     Negative attitude: As dad would quote from Kelly’s Heroes: “Always with the negative ways!” I harbor a negative attitude as a default to buffer me from being affected by feelings.
7)     People hating: When people around me are having fun and I’m not I should probably stop that and be a good person again. Probably.
8)     Current study skills.
9)     Apathy: One of the most beautiful things in life is the ability to feel an array of emotions, be they excited, discouraged, disappointed, ambitious, or [slightly] annoyed.  
10)  Internal judgments.

Comments