All life halts for finals and cleaning checks

...ABOUT how I feel...5 more full days.
Stop the showering, laundry, dishes, vacuuming (not that I did it before), eating, sleeping, looking like a person. No time to fill the car with gas, keep my bed made, attempt to look feminine, wonder how my breath smells. Certainly no movies, laughter, playing, or midnight grocery runs. You need a light bulb to replace the ones that have been burnt out for the last 3 weeks or you'll fail cleaning check? Well, hurry and find one. Time is a' tickin'. Don't waste it, because every minute you spend in la-la-land is a minute less for studying for your final. That minute less accumulates and will snowball to mean making or breaking your grade.

I swear I'll start living next week! My life-list is a mile long, starting with sleep. The things I'll do once finals are finished:

  1. Take a nap and feel completely okay about it
  2. Clean the apartamenta...again
  3. Figure out Christmas presents
  4. Watch "Everything You Want"
  5. Read "Les Mis"
  6. Catch up my journal
  7. Throw away useless papers from last semester
  8. Evaluate this last year as a whole
  9. Evaluate this SEMESTER and decide how to improve for next
  10. Work out/run every day
  11. Pick up a hobby
  12. Find a skill I can develop
  13. Scrapbook
  14. Do something with all my Africa pics & memories before they fade
  15. Update my life's to-do list

Comments

Adrienne said…
I like all the last ideas about scrapbooking. Let's do that over the break. And nap. Not gonna lie... being married has serious benefits- no cleaning checks!
Chloe said…
um...yeah...
more like, "my mind goes into overdrive, and at the sign of anything resembling 'fun' it shuts off"....it's weird, I am around people, but not really, my mind feels like it's somewhere else (like in a text book trying to remember something)...is this the same for you??

so much for "completely gutting" the apartment before finals started. O well...you got this. And the running/working out thing...I am totally with you on that one.

But, being the fact kid I am at heart, I can't let go of my sweets, althought I completely admire you for doing so.
Anonymous said…
Ah, finals. Would I were 20 taking finals again. Embrace the madness!! - Prof. S