Oh how my perception of Thanksgiving has changed

Once Thanksgiving was getting with the cousins, stealing the pumpkin pies and holding a ransom of letting the kids sleep on the trampoline. Another year it was yet again at the pie thievery, but with cousins framing cousins as the culprits. Slowly Thanksgiving has changed; this year, it means halting all costly transactions the week before Thanksgiving break and living on the bare minimums until I step foot inside the familiar walls I call home. No grocery shopping, no laundry, no gasing up the car... everything can wait, because in one delicious week I will be home and can consume food--large amounts of it--for FREE! I can do my laundry and save my precious quarters. I won't be eating leftover Mac N' Cheese from last week for lunch (but yet somehow I still feel satisfied with doing so now, mind you!) I won't fret over what my test score will be, if I am a valuable person to society based on acceptance into the major I want, if what's-his-face likes me, if my roommates think I am in need of being institutionalized, if my mango is bad and will food poison me or something.... in one week I get to encounter bliss.

I can't wait.

Comments