Lonely, cold, wet, soon-moldy sock in the library

The morning began splendidly: I could find only one sock, so I wore the one and braved my way into the moist outside. Two minutes into my journey campus-ward, my thin shoes were soaked as well as the bottom two inches of my pantlegs. Good thing only ONE sock could be miserably wet through the next hour of dance.
Next after dance was hitting the library for studying: perceiving I'd be there for quite some time, I slid my shoes (and sock) off secretly under the table. Shhh. Secret. (I don't want anyone thinking I'm WEIRD, now!) For an hour and a half I was SO productive. Soon, my stomach growled and pleaded me to cut my studying short.

Packed up, wet shoes back on. Squishy. Eeeehhh. Walking out of the library....where's my sock?...yep, it is sitting under my study spot..
Good-bye, good sock. I can't bring myself to retriece you from under the desk of a studying student.


Side note:

....So I didn't get accepted to the business school for Winter. I should be more disappointed more than I am...or disappointed at all. But maybe my apathy indicates that MAYBE I don't have the interest in it I thought I did.


And besides, even if I didn't get accepted, I left a wet sock in the library. Life's okay. : )

Comments

Adrienne said…
Love the story of the wet sock. Ha ha. You should get matching socks and new shoes!

Also, I think that the Lord is trying to tell you to NOT study business. The business school will drain your soul. You have such enthusiasm and passion for caring for others that can be utilized in another way :D