scuffed sneakers: Life's alright when you let it be








Merry Happy Celebrate: new year, new blog, new attitude, new Cecilly. This marks the 100th blog post on this very bloggy bloggy. I'm so excited I might just wear my onesie to campus on Monday in celebration.


scuffed sneakers: Nathan (bro of the 2nd kind) asked the reasoning behind it. my explanation: sneakers get you places. Physically first. Then emotional, spiritual, & intellectual growth. I want to be that kind of person: travel, learn, see things, see people. Sneakers get worn, dirty, messy, holey. But that gives them character. Life gets you a little rough around the edges. But you wouldn't be complete without those distinguishing characteristics.







The extra-curricular that I love:
  • Hunger Banquet Entertainment Committee (SID),
  • On-campus internship with Students for Social Entrepreneurship (Team Ashoka),
  • Student United Way Charity Ball,
  • PBL planning state & regional service projects
  • Prepping for a Ghana Field Study (hopefully for Fall!)
  • Looking into an ORCA grant for said Field Study
  • Honors portfolio and Great Works activities
  • Simple church "obligations" like visiting teaching. (Do I have 3 hours extra in my month? Uh...YES.)
I think about it sometimes, and I come to the absolutely un-vain, humble realization that I'm KINDA a big deal.








Or let's tackle the real life side of life.

We get to roommate balancing, seester relationships (well, & family. Seesters are most immediate, though), those boys we know & love soooo much, those boys we know and DON'T love sooooo much. Or rather, those boys we know and WISHED they loved US sooooo much. :)




In reality:
roommates: 30%
seesters & family: 35%
everyday friends: 20%
those boys:....10%
strangers: 5%

Just that balancing act leaves me a little tipsy by the end of the day. Don't hurt feelings, be proactively kind, and still squeeze in that homework that is due tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. Oh, and try not to be fat and shove your face with chocolate covered cinnamon bears! Not that anyone around here has been obsessed with those or anything. There went one whole week of kick-butt classes at Gold's. So long, farewell....



Academics
A whole new game of stress. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so dang it I will be a better person after this semester.



Comments