Linger




Just like the song by The Cranberries, "Linger" came to mind as I was leaving class. In classes, we were put in our groups last week, and I must say I LOVE mine! We are all extroverted, crazy people. But still intelligent. Get the job done.

So, anyway: as I was talking to a group member before leaving [to do whatever it is I do], I realized I was lingering. Waiting for what I don't know. We were engrossed in conversation: teasing, talking seriously, poking fun... I guess I hoped there'd be some follow-up of sorts. One more substantial than, "Have a good weekend." Not that we don't have a full semester of follow-ups.

I'm excited to see how things work. I've been really good about getting out and making more friends. I find that being "mean," or putting up a rough exterior is easy and entertaining. Also, I feel safe from not caring too much about something that possibly could never happen. Keep myself in check, if you will. I know I will.

Comments