the best day

In so many ways, shapes, forms, languages, and styles my 20th birfday was the best day of my life in all..20 years of my existence.

the morning began with opening my eyes to a cage of streamers over my bed. I woke up feeling the way I think babies feel: looking up to the hanging "toys" over their cribs. I accomplished my goal to look feminine (or...I think I did...), arrived to class, got all unpacked, and looked up to see a bunch (literally) of balloons taped to the board with my name: Cecilly (Rose) written by them. Awww!!! 


My day was already perfect. Don't worry, they hung there all of class--for everyone to see. Then, when my next class started (same room), the teacher saw the balloons (which I had taken down, but were sitting by my feet like bubbles), asked if it was my birthday, and insisted the class sing to me. I was red. Redder than red. Yes, I'm thrilled to be 20, but I feel...vain... being the center of attention. I think everyone deserves a day, but I still felt like attention was on me too much. 


Inside the ballooons was a secret poem from my dearest roommates... I don't deserve this...


Free food on campus with Neltje & Kristie--snatched that up. Those two felt it necessary to inform the rest of the mooching college students that it was my birthday, and some chick sang to me in Italian--opera style. Legit? Then we watched this boy, REESE, recite 800 numbers of pi. EIGHT-HUNDRED NUMBERS!!! No crap. Reese.



The day continued on fabulously. Neltje & I went & signed her up for us to be summer roomies!!! Super duper excited!! Stopped by OIT to get speakers for my "party" that night. Yeah, the speakers were for a crowd of 100 people. I kinda, sorta said I didn't anticipate quite that crowd. I don't think they understood that this was for pibsqueak Cecilly's birthday party of her seven closest friends. I just wanted some more power than my laptop offers... not a DJed event... 


Off to Krispy Kreme we went to redeem some coupons we had. (yes, poor college students love free food in any form). We were planning on going through the drive-thru, putting on scarves, hats, & hoodies, then going inside, then changing clothes and going through the drive-thru again...until someone noticed. well, that entertainment was cut short by losing my camera. :( ahhh man!



Work. Leaving work, and I get KIDNAPPED!!! By Adrienne, Nathan, Kristie, Carlos, and Neltje. I was deeeeelighted! So special. As we drove like a madman around Provo, I wondered as to our whereabouts and destination. 

DELICIOUS meal at Kim's. I can't even thank her enough; such a wonderful family friend, and truly my second madre at school. 
Off to my apartment, where I was thrilled to meet up with some friends.



And...to complete my perfect birthday week, Ames & Whit got me flowers. Umm....I nearly cried. Okay, I may have a leeetle bit.... I've never been given flowers before, and gerber daisies are my absolute FAVORITE!! Them being later in the week only was the icing on the cake.

Streamers above bed. Balloons in class. Singing happy birthdayPoems. Free food. Pi Day--Reese's legendary 800 digits. Party speakers. New summer roommate!!! Krispy KremeCamera lost. Laughs. Kidnapping. Favorite dinner. More balloons. Long-time friends. Delicious fruit pizza and rich cake lining my tummy. Flowers that bring tears. My heart full of love and gratitude to people who took time out of their day to celebrate something unrelated to them. 




That is friendship. That is a birthday. That is the beginning of the best year of life

Comments

Rhet said…
HOORAY CEC! Good day :) I'm jealous about the kripy kreme :D