rant & rave

I am melodramatic. Allow me to elaborate:

due to a merger of my phone company, I'd get a new phone. Booyah. 

The day started slowly but beautifully: wake up a bit later than usual, slowly get ready for the day (look like crap, but beyond caring), ride my li'l bicycle up the treacherous hill, get my pant-legs soaked, get slaughtered in a french exam.... yeah, my day was looking bright

I impulsively decided to just go upgrade to a nice smartphone. 


so, I excitedly plan my "itinerary" via uta bus system. get to the bus stop, get on. credit card doesn't swipe. try card #2. nothing. at this point, the driver asks where I'm going, so I tell her. yeah, I got on the right bus ROUTE, but wrong direction. W. I'm incompetent. I can take that.

wait ten minutes, get on another one. pull out cash. don't give change. Really?? I mumble that I'll get my change out, so I sit down and rummage through my wallet, knowing I have no other change. The driver stares at me and won't leave. REALLY? I will pay DOUBLE when I get back on next time. I'm not so cheap as to jip UTA from $2.50. poor, but I have some dignity. he tells me there's another bus in ten minutes. (okay, dude, I know that some people have nowhere to be in life, but I'm on a tight schedule. time is of the essence, and I've waited ten extra minutes to get on this stupid bus, anyway.)


I get off, humiliated and defeated. probably mumbling under my breath on the way off. my fault anyways. he's just doing his job.

two minute frustration-crying session ensues. 
go to some li'l place to break a bill and get change. call the at&t store to see just what I'll need to do when I get there. don't even have my desired phone in stock. 
my attitude goes two directions: 

(1) gratitude to the Big Man Upstairs for not letting me waste my time on a useless bus trek
(2) annoyance at the whole situation.

call in to get a phone ordered. I should have received the smartphone, anyway. one bright light in the day. I can get it free, no upgrade charge. bad news? don't have it in stock. may not for a week or so. 
cherry on top: my phone dies mid-sentence.

LML. (Love My Life)

conclusions:
(1) learn the bus system. learn it well.
(2) the world doesn't revolve around you, even if you wish it did
(3) patience

Comments

Malynne Young said…
I know we all have days like this... I had to laugh at yours. Not because it's funny, but because I thought of how that happens to me more often than you'd think! haha! I'm sorry it was such a rough day! ...It's nice to know, though, that there are people who have days like that - especially people like you who are nigh unto perfect. ;) haha!