my perfect, dream day

As I cut myself shaving once again (as I seem to do that one day a week I happen to shower) and gagged looking at myself in the mirror, I realized what my "perfect day" would consist of. Such a dreamy thought...

Sleep on a huge, comfy bed for a full 8 hours. Wake up like a princess, in a little silk nightgown of joy...throw the covers back and dance around in the sunrise.

Yoga for an hour in a spacious room of mirrors on a cute yoga mat that doesn't smell like a million gross bodies, like the ones I use at Gold's.


Shower... twenty minutes of warmth & regeneration. A big shower. Not have to hurry out so the five other roommates can use the bathroom.
Wrap myself in a soft bathrobe and slowly get ready for the day. While still in that bathrobe of goodness, be given a mani-pedi.

Have someone fix my hair... for just this one day. A simple, but fun style. One day of being a princess and not worrying about the small things.

Then....don a spring dress and have a pic-a-nic--with a picnic basket and a light tandem bicycle ride with that precious someone. :) A day of laughter and conversation. Being, feeling, and looking beautiful.

A nice dinner after we get all fancied up. A night hike to a waterfall in sweats & normal people clothes. The beautiful simplicity of waiting at stop lights, singing to music, dangling hands out the windows, tying shoes, tripping on the ground, scraping your knees, holding hands, laughing loudly, giggling softly, eating sandwiches, chasing napkins in the wind, lying on the grass looking as clouds as the breeze blows, taking cute & fun pictures...


As lovely as my "perfect, dream day" sounds, I hope I don't live it completely. Not anytime too soon. To fully appreciate this "perfect, dream day," my rite of passage is to live happily....now.

Comments

Clara said…
Cec, I love this! I love it so much. "beautiful simplicity" of all the average things in life. I love it! I love you!
myperfectlife said…
Hii there, nice post! :)

Maybe you want to tell the world your perfect dream at http://www.my-perfect-life.com? It would be a pleasure for us!

Hope to read you soon :)