change of plans




I need to blog. Something in me is dying every day I go without writing on this precious life diary. UPdates, UPdates...where to begin? Pictures will have to tell the story--it'll save me a couple thousand words. Don't worry that they're unrelated to the text. So is my life: random.

Happy 19th, Kristie!
I'm no longer doing Disney; I got my undergrad "dream job" of being a Marketing RA/TA (Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant). I get to work with professors and gain actual valuable skills. Too tempting to pass up. I was just feeling so stressed & distraught by deciding on Disney; then I realized that if I don't feel 100% sure (or at least 70%), reconsideration is in order.

So.... HELLO Provo, fall semester!!!! No idea where I'll live, not sure if I'll have a vehicle... barely registered for classes. BUT I do know that I'm content. I won't be missing EVERYTHING on campus. I'm excited to adventure out on my own with random roommates once moreI should be worried about not having definitive living plans, but I'm not. I'll be happy wherever. I'm still reeling from the fact that I just entirely changed my life and plans.

I will graduate next December. I can't imagine being out of the college scene. I'm quite ready, though. But... I am quite certain I will go on a mission. I can start my papers in January. CRAZY!!! If I take that route, I will graduate in about 2014, but I will have done everything I wanted to.

Life is so good.

Granted, I have had my downsides with friends & family. Saying too much, not saying enough, allowing trivial differences to cloud my perspective. Transitioning in a new semester and a new social scene has never been my forte . I think I play off that it is, but it doesn't come easily. I need some weeks (or months) to get my grounding; watch people long enough to find what the social norms are. THEN I'll unleash this Cecilly. :) 


Going home for Mother's Day was wonderful. I realized how much my parents sacrifice just to make us kids comfortable and happy. So many years of doing campaigns, competitions, building fences, cutting firewood, cleaning houses... but those seemingly little things differentiate who we are. I'd rather build or clean a house than play frisbee. Call it a service project and I'm there. Call it an activity, and I might have my qualms. But... mom & dad announced that we have a home in St. George! OH. MY. GOSH. EXCITED!!! It is SOOOO nice--just like the homes we cleaned in Vernal. And it's going to be ours. Finally--nice things.

I hope life works out. 

Comments

Clara said…
i love this! and life will work out (:
~Christine~ said…
You really are AMAZING you know! You are right about the 100% thing. Don't you just love it when things work out the way they are supposed to and to know that God's hand is in EVERYTHING!

So this house in St. George....is it a second home? St. George rocks! I love living down here!

Best of luck in all you do! You're so cute, can't wait to hear more updates!