a moment of rest

I don't think this will come. Not this week.
Several times today the world has literally spun around me as I try to get a bearings on where I need to be in the next 2 minutes, people I need to talk to, or homework assignments due within the next 30 minutes.
Is this how I want my life? Really? So busy I can't appreciate the moments I've been given? I think not.
  • 3 exams within 3 days
  • family fun
  • family heartache
  • 2 airport runs within 7 hours of each other
  • 21 credits' worth of homework
  • dirty room
  • messy apartment
  • slight bickering with roommates
  • no sleep
  • working out when I don't have the strength to wake up
  • waking up ready to go back to bed
  • being late to class
  • sleeping through class
  • reading up the wazoo
  • loooong work shifts
  • a planner with no breaks in it
BUT...... I can't look past that this week has also brought
  • love from roommates, Whitney, Ames, & Neltje
  • kindness from friends Jake, James, & Caleb as they just asked how things were going
  • long conversations and discovery
  • moments of reflection
  • proof that I can withstand insurmountable stress
  • family unity
  • chocolate-covered-cinnamon bears--from ALL my roommates! They know me TOO well!!! Love them!!
  • happiness from the sidelines, watching love BLOSSOMING!!
  • lunch with seesters on campus
  • showers!
  • a new lanyard
  • Kristie & Neltje getting accepted to DISNEY!!!
  • anticipating if I've been accepted, too
  • post-test naps
Overall, why complain? This week was not what I expected, but life is unexpected. This is what makes life exciting: wondering what could possibly happen next. Prepare for the worst, expect the best.

That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind a break next week....

Maybe Vernal will provide some relaxation. I'm excited! Three hour car ride with the seesters...some of whom are less than thrilled with me right now...


C'est la vie!

Comments

Jeff Whitlock said…
Love the blog Cecilly! I hope you had a good weekend with your family! Thank you for the tickets!
Cecilly said…
Oh, you're welcome! Looks like you enjoy it (yes, I follow GoogleBuzz. Love it!) Your blog isn't shabby, either.