magic

Princesses. Talking animals. Castles. Princes. MAGIC.
Disney = Magic. The equation is simple. In fact, not EVEN an equation. A statement of fact. Everyone knows it.

I'm looking into doing an internship at/in/with Disney. DisneyWorld. Reading up on Disney even more, I am falling in love with the history of it: one man's dream made into an empire. A legacy. Every girl's dream. Hey, maybe even some boys'. haha

What a party it would be, too: I mean, DisneyWorld. Can you say MAGICAL? A semester with my best friend and sister, Neltje and Kristie. Days in Florida. Working at the most magical place in the world. I think I would wake up every day delighted to be alive. Not think--KNOW.






Then on the other side of my brain is the pragmatic side, telling me to do something more academic, less playful. I tell myself I shouldn't be off frolicking amongs castles, princes, and fairytales: I need to be serious. Maybe move toward that long-anticipated graduation date, eh? THAT would be a sorta, kinda, really good choice.

This side of me pushes for going back to Africa. To work with a professor and do research on how to solve problems that are in the world. Problems like finding food to eat, not catching illnesses from bad drinking water, creating jobs, seeing how a whole continent could be forgotten in the global business world.



I feel passionate toward both choices. I see the growth I could make either way, but real-life decisions are difficult! Even when I award both options weighted "points," one always trumps the other in what "feels" right. That and I don't know the outcome I want for my life, so how can I adequately weight them, anyway???

Oh, the days of youth! I haven't a clue what to do, and I'm still a teenager. Joyful!!!

Comments