Week 18- (Fe)licidad

First, for all you spanish-speakers, a li´l sumthin sumthin that you probably figured out eons ago, but li´l Hermana Francisco just figured out today in her personal study.
The word ¨fe¨ is ¨faith.¨ 
The word ¨felicidad¨ is ¨happiness.¨

Now, before you start questioning my spanish abilities and how it took me 4 months to figure out those two words, hold the phone. I promise I already knew those words. :) But, what I did, in fact, NOT realize is that happiness, maybe, is a  result of faith. A result of deciding that I am worthy of happiness. Confession: I have been kind of a negative person lately. Seeing only how short we are of reaching goals, only seeing those who are not progressing, who are not baptized. Kind of a big, black hole of unhappiness. A Grump. I don't know what to call it. We have had kinda sorta, um, a lot of difficulties this week. Okay, let´s try the last 2 months. We've really struggled in converting lessons with people into baptisms. Which, without baptism, it´s like.... the ice cream cone without the ice cream.


This week, after the baptisms fell through, was kind of the time we stopped and did some serious analyzation. Of what we are doing. And a time when I did some serious analyzation of what kind of missionary I am. What kind of person I am. If I really am an example of Christ. If He were sitting in on our lessons, what would He say? To
those we teach, how would the Master teach them? The bulk of our investigators are young women. Oh, they are so precious. Two of them, Gloria and Racquel, remind me SO much, every time, of Kristie and I. Mostly how we interacted. AKA argued. ha ha just how they interact takes me back to Kristie and I, and for that I think so fondly of them. We had a SUPER spiritual lesson last night where Gloria told us that from the time we have started coming, that she feels different. Feels more hopeful. Is nicer in her interactions with her family. Wants to talk to people more. Really, feels so different. That was powerful testimony to me how every day the gospel can bless us. That we can feel a weight lifted from us. If we let it go. If we trust in our Savior, He will take it away.
Then, we went with these other two young women, Keyla and Claudia. When they talked of their love for God, their eyes literally shone. I love how normal it is to talk of God. How knowledge of Him, belief in Him, lifts us.


This week is one of tremendous growth. Try every week. :) With every trial, we tell ourselves that somethiing marvelous is about to happen, and that is why we have this trial. Because something amaziing is
about to happen.

Comments