Week 14- Ready to Storm

Would you believe...oh, hilarious. Took us a month to find out that the family we are teaching, the really humble family: Family Lopez... Guess what? So, he's 48, she's 22. Two kids. That is really normal here, but don't jump to conclusions. We found out that they are father and daughter. Please, laugh with us. Yes, holy awkward moment that we've been teaching law of chastity. Imagine how they felt. I'm glad we all decided to just be honest....a lot less awkward for all of us.... through a series of misfortunate events, her husband left her, and she moved in with her father, but when we met her the first time she felt shame that her husband had left her and just said her father was her spouse...... ummmm.......

What a week of growth, though. I´ve learned so much the healing power of the Atonement. That every weakness I have.... is swallowed up in His perfect sacrifice. We taught a family about the Godhead, and cleared up that they are three different beings.... I reflected on that lesson. I can´t imagine how it would feel to believe something my whole life, then to have two young women teach me something different..... I can't begin to understand....
Also, I´ve learned how goals are more than #s... they are really a demonstration of faith and hope. And trusting in HIM to accomplish them. not just our work, but trusting in His help to achieve them. Hermana Theresa (the one whose husband passed away) is progressing so much. We watched ´The Testaments' with her.... what power to know that Christ appeared in the Americas... she is so much brighter every time we visit with her. And truly, the people we are teaching are not just people. I truly consider every one of them my friends. Ah, I love it
here. It¿s hard work, but it´s worth the work.

On lighter notes, it is soooo pretty here. Right now the sky is bright, yet the other half is dark ready to storm. I can´t describe in words how it is other than purely beautiful. Also.... we are going to make us some nachos today.... pretty excited! also... we bought a scale and a teddy bear for our home. necessities, I tell you. :)

Comments