Week 16- Is he bi-polar?

What a roller coaster of a week! We have an investigator, Kevin, 18 years old, who has been progressing. We taught a lesson, set a baptism date, all was happiness. Then after the lesson, he gave us a letter that said he didn't have the guts to tell us face to face, but that he couldn't be baptized. We were pretty let down. He was progressing so much, developing so much faith. Days passed and in the work we didn;t have time to dwell on it,
because there is so much to do! Then Sunday comes around, and who shows up at church? Why hello, Kevin. It was fast and testimony meeting, and it was so POWERFUL. Wow. We were with another investigator, Theresa, and I was soooo happy that they could go on that Sunday, because the spirit was so strong. After the meetings, and after some words from the elders in our district, he told us that indeed, he wants to be baptized.

I feel like Heavenly Father was testing all of us. Testing how we would respond to him dropping us, how he would feel after deciding to leave it all behind. Because really, I felt pain. Something I couldn't describe. I respected and felt so grateful that he has the agency to choose, but it was like a story was unwritten. So, this week we are writing more of his story, because he is going to be baptized. Oh, I'm so happy for him. He talked of how he wants to serve a mission. When he said that, chills went through me. Because this work goes forward, one heart at a time. His family doens't want him to be baptized, and we will see in this week what challenges come, because we are certain they will come. With the most valiant of His children, Heavenly Father permits the most refining.

We have cracked down this week on being direct. No more of this softy, sisterly love. ha ha don't get me wrong, we still love people. :) BUT, we have to be more direct. Word from the mission president. We are too soft, too nice, too.... "oh, it's okay if you don't want to do xyz..."no, it's not okay. Because there is one way to return to Him, and if we're not working towards it, we are using His time unwisely.

So, this week I feel like I have experienced more than every emotion from my whole life. And I love it. Exhausting? It would be a lie to say no. We may or may not have devoted some minutes the other day to ponder Lehi's dream. (aka nap). :o PLANCHERAS!!! (Aka: disobedient). And now I have publicized it to the whole world. Woo hoo. That's as bad as we get. Li'l shout out that Nelchie would be so proud of me. :)

Well, time is up. Hermana Cindy and Hermano Kevin are going to be baptized this Saturday!!!!! Hermana Theresa, we hope for next Saturday! Hermana Diana for next Saturday!

Also, I will cumplir (como..... accomplish? I have no idea the word in English) 4 months on Saturday. What in the WORLD happened to the time???? We live one week at a time, one day at a time. I love it, but I want to hold the time in my hands. 

I feel like I'm developing FAITH. Hope. That really, it's not about me. What???? It's not my words, they are HIS.
 
Anyway, until next week..... adios!

Sister Cecilly Francisco

Comments