Week 15- Adios, Ingles, Hola Cambio 2!!!

Holy transfer just passed!
Hermana Nuñez and I are together, conquering this area for yet another transfer. That wasn't much of a surprise, since we are both new to the area, and I am a little newbie young ún in the field. We mutually feel like the first transfer was our learning phase. Learning how the members area, learning the culture of the area.... aka that people are usually pretty nice about listening to the word of God, but have no interest in changing churches. For that, we´ve learned how to explain the Restauration a little more clearly. We´ve learned our different strengths and weaknesses---that I am crazy about numbers, plans, goals, and Hermana Nuñez is the heart of our companionship. Oh, and also Hermana Nuñez is the voice. Ha ha my Spanish... someday it´ll come. But, to expedite that 'some day' and to give my due diligence, I gave up English yesterday. It took a little push from one of the Americans in our district to just remind me that blessings will come, that the language will come. I feel like giving up English is me trying to show my faith in the gift of tongues. That okay, I´m ready to humble myself a little bit more (and trust me, I didn´t think I could feel any more humbled), pack away my English scriptures, pack
away the English Preach My Gospel. Adios, amigos. We´re going to Spanish territory. but... seriously.....

Listening to the AMAZING sessions in General Conference was also me sealing the deal. Did I understand maybe 60%? Try like 40%. Buuuuuuuuut, that 40% was sure wonderful! I can't believe the age change! Oh, I am soooo excited for the young women who will be able to serve earlier! That will have this amazing opportunity! Also, Conference was a grand reminder to live in TODAY. oh me of magical plans for tomorrow, I needed the reminder to be in the here and now. 

I don't know how to describe the daily happenings, but I wish I could convey a typical day. How liberatingly exciting to walk the streets, Book of Mormon in hand, speaking the name of our Savior and hoping, praying in your heart that this next person will listen. That this person will feel in their heart a stirring, something different. For every sign of progression, there seems to be an equal opposition of digression. (is that a word?) Goes to show that there are two sides of this work....
Wondering, hoping, praying that I am representing Him. Maybe worrying a little too much. maybe in need to enjoy just a tad bit more this wonderful time.

Our district had a little district DTR yesterday. aka district inventory. Oh, so funny. there are only 4 of us, and everyone seemed to have their opinions on how the district should be. Oh, I left the meeting just so jolly about .... every person in our district. I love the diversity of personality. In this transfer, we have a different missionary-the one that inspired me to give up English. I just love seeing how Heavenly Father knows who we need, when we need them. And, on assignment from our district leader, I'm giving a training tomorrow in our district meeting. Needless to say, I've been fretting all day about it! woke up early (earlier than 6:30?? is that possible??) and
have been working to understand how I, who knows nothing, am going to teach something:...... yeah, still wondering.

also, there is a cake obsession around here. For every activity, baptism, meeting, any special event you can think of we buy a cake and soda. the same type of cake, the same soda. I laugh every time I enter and see that cake. that soda. someday I think I might understand. But until then, I will gladfully eat that yummaliciousness and wonder when the days of cake and soda will cease.

Also, I love Alma 26.
v. 1. how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we astarted from the land of Zarahemla (°ahem° Provo, Utah) that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?
v. 2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
v. 3 ...And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us,
that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

Y´know, I really could not have supposed when I left the strange lands of Provo, Utah that God would grant unto me the blessing of being an instrument in His hands. I didn't really understand that really, I would be His ambassador, inviting His children to be baptized into His church so they can return to Him. I really.... had no clue how it would feel to have His name with me always. That yes, there would be hard times, but always, always, always there was my Savior to turn to. That He would always be a prayer away.

This week was amazing. Today we begin transfer 2, and I am ready to take this transfer by storm.

LOVE You!!

-- .
Sister Cecilly Francisco

Comments