Week 17- So.... ummm.... what just happened?

To say this week was unexpected would be an understatement. I´m still scratching my head in confusion and wonder. It is sometimes hard to write about this, no lie. I don`t know why... maybe it`s because I don`t know who actually reads, who actually cares, if it`s interesting for all of you on that end, what you want to hear about..... and because so many of these experiences are so personal, so.... close to my heart?

So, we had two baptisms lined up for this Saturday, right? Well..... how do I write about this? both fell through. One two days before, one two hours before. I feel like the harder we work, the harder Satan also is working here. That every good thing we have going leads right up to a brick wall. But, we´re moving forward wtih faith. With hope. With more prayers than I have ever offered. There are those moments I wonder if ever we will see the fruits of our labors. I understand now more than ever before the growth from missions. Because truly, we are operating on nothing but faith and hope right now. In this month, we have had all 5 baptisms we had fall through. One moved to another part of Honduras. These two where a lack of support from home caused fear to make the decision, one that fell off the face of the planet and never is there when we have appointments, one that isn't sure and wants to put it on hold. There would be so many reasons to be downhearted by it, but we can't afford to. As my dear friend Clara said, what these people need is us not to give up on them. Because really, this is the work of the Savior. And He NEVER, EVER, EVER ever never ever even thought of giving up on them.

A bright area of our week, of this crazy week is Hermana Theresa. She has a date in November, and is a member already, just lacking baptism. Goes to all the activities, gets to church early---one of the 7 of the branch of 150 that is early. Has such a thirst to know more and more and more. Love her. I joke with her that she is my mom of this area. :) Because we eat dinner with her-she has a little restaurant, so we eat there every night. Transfers are a mere 3 weeks away, and we are sure one of us will be transfered. My heart hurts to think of it. I want to see more, experience more, but I don't want to leave this beautiful area where I was ¨born¨in the mission. Also, we are teaching two young women whose father is inactive. They have such a special place in our hearts, and are such an example for their dad. Working on it. :)

What a beautiful week. The work goes forth boldly and nobly here.
I love you all. Take care!

Comments