greatest moment of my life



February 22nd, [hopeful] mission call arrival day: 1:30 ran anxiously to that mailbox.

as I opened the mailbox, I saw newspapers crowding the inside, and felt slightly disappointed. next week it was, it seemed.

buuuut, I saw a large white envelope peeking from under the newspapers.

my heart leapt, hand went to my mouth in disbelief, and I reached in and slowly took out the envelope, caring for it like gold. Immediately I called mom and [through hyperventilating] said, "Mom... it's here! It's here! What do I do? It's here!" Oh, what are mothers for but to take care of silly, silly children?

I had to physically remove myself from where it was so I didn't open it--it sat on my bed, I went to campus for two hours until family could be rounded up via google + hangout (boo yah!)

Opened that white envelope was... incredible. When I started reading, I felt overwhelming comfort:




"Dear Sister Francisco:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission... You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 20th, 2012. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language."




 
When I read that, every fear I had just dissipated. I felt so calm with this decision. Add onto that being completely and utterly excited.

The smile? Still not wiped off my face.

Comments

shellyj said…
That's awesome! Congratulations. :)
Chloe said…
Remember how we had to wait for an hour, and i missed my zumba class? haha It was all done in typical Cecilly fashion, and I wouldn't want it any other way.