a beautiful case of life

Sundays are so fabulous....

I woke up a tad earlier than I wanted, but it turned out to be for the best: I got up, showered, chatted with Marzipan (my roommie), and started getting ready.

For what?

This is THE picture. :)
Well... for my picture. Y'know... the one a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is going to see... no big deal or anything...

This is happening. So surely. Excitedly. I've been mulling for months over this decision, but I started the process once the new year began, knowing the answer would come in the process. And indeed it has. I'm going to serve as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Right at this second I feel so content, so happy. I want to capture this moment and draw from it in those dark moments where life seems impossible and difficult. Today I was reading through Nelchie and Adrienne's blogs, and I realized how much I love being a part of others' lives. Talking with mom on the phone. Eating deener with Kristie Krist. Pillow talk with Marzipan. Those in-between life moments with Nelchie. Facebooking Adrienne. Daily life happenings with Clara. Each person adds so much value and understanding to life, and I appreciate every. single. one. of. you.

my goal: blog more. share more. not just say more words, but open up a bit of who I am.

for example: yes, I am decided on serving a full-time mission. does that mean I have considered no other life options? certainly NOT. I've been up the wazoo about this decision. some people *cough cough* return home this year. internships await. graduation is closer than just around the corner. life is moving, constantly going, going, going. someday I'd love to have a li'l Els. :)

but, my focus is here. now. I'm experiencing a beautiful case of life.

Comments

Adrienne said…
YAYYYYY Glad you got that submitted. I guess you go to Zimbabwe and Nathan guesses Canada:) He think Canada- Spanish speaking (I don't think it exists). We are so stoked!!! We better be on that "opening the call" skype call.
Kami said…
:) I am so excited for you!