Week 66: The miracles are many and laughs are frequent

This week was full of divisions with Hermana Hill and Hermana Davis. They are both INCREDIBLE missionaries! I love seeing how the missionaries that are coming into the field are SO much better prepared than I know I ever was. I don`t envy it... just wish I could have had that. :) I make do with what I have and keep moving forward.

I loved being able to just instill into them my pure love for Preach My Gospel. That`s something I saw as an overall theme--that we know we should use it, but it hasn`t been an emphasis in the past. I just loved studying the lessons thoroughly with Hermana Hill. She said that yes, she has studied them, but it just opened her eyes to how CRUCIAL Preach My Gospel is. ah, I love love love Preach My Gospel.

In the teaching aspect, there was a miracle (to me), as well as a test of my faith. I have always been the type that, when inviting people to be baptized with a date, I feel an... anxiety. I feel like they always just need more time. Time is a friend, not foe. And in that, I just analyze (maybe TOO much) how much we need to teach, how much they need to understand, how they need to be able to develop habits of reading, praying, and keeping the commandments. In that, I always have desired dates that are farther away (not SUPER far, but always 3-4 weeks out. Or a month...)

We have an investigator who is just INCREDIBLE. I KNOW Heavenly Father placed him in our little hands, because on the bus one day, he tapped Hermana Espinoza on the shoulder and asked if she remembered him. Turns out, she taught him a year ago when she started out in this area. And even more miraculous, that week in our planning sesiĆ³n, we had put his name in our plans to re-contact. For that entire week before he found us in the bus. Well, we invited him to church, and he said, ¨I have been wanting to go to this church, and I know when I go once, I´ll have to keep going.¨ Oh, it was just a miracle. He came to church that Sunday, and LOVED IT. This Sunday, he was at stake conference and likewise just LOVED it. Comes alone, reads, understands. IS INCREDIBLE. He`s been nearly impossible to find him these last weeks during the week, but last night we went with him and knew we needed to invite him with a specific date. Here came my trial of faith…
We were praying before the lesson and we felt October 4th. I felt a little uneasy and doubtful that he could know all he needs to know, change what he needs to change, etc. During the lesson, I felt Oct. 4th, but I contradicted it with my own reasoning. Then I realized…. Okay, I`m trusting in Heavenly Father. I know Hermana Francisco thinks that everyone needs more time, but even more than that, Heavenly Father knows what His children need. He can prepare them. Heavenly Father will help him be ready in this time, because He is the one giving me the date. My lack of faith caused me to doubt that he can learn, understand, and live what we`re teaching in so short of time. If this were man`s work and we were left to human strength and understanding, it wouldn`t be possible.
BUT, this is not man´s work, and we have the Perfect Son of God to draw strength from.
And… he accepted the date. Oh, there are miracles.
We are teaching a couple who are the grandparents of a convert that was baptized in July. Oh, they are just hilarious. Have been married 50 years. And they are SASSY. We asked how he feels as he reads, and he said he feels more when he reads than when she reads to him. So, she sputed back at him, ¨Fine. You`re going to read on your own from now on.¨ And she was talking about how she found this church, knows it´s true, and said ¨I`m going to stay here. Period. I`m going to get baptized because salvation is personal.¨ Oh, I was trying to be reverent so the spirit could be present, but I was quietly busting a gut.
The miracles are many and the laughs are frequent.
Pic 1: Our house of sisters with President and Hermana Klein, our mission president and his wife here in SAN PEDRO SULA EAST MISSION. :)
Pic 2: Some of our investigators that went to stake conference. :)

Comments