Week 59: Because I have been given much

The week included candle-light dinners (thanks to the power going out), roasted starbursts (also, power going out), bucket showers (well, that`s really not anything new. But this time was for the water being turned off), joyful lessons, tearful lessons, $7 dentist appointments, talent show with incredible turnout, baptism with the mission president present, searching for less-actives, missionary activity with lots of future missionaries, and very full and grateful hearts.
The Ana we saw this week was not the Ana we saw 5 weeks ago when we started here together. We answered all of her questions in a way that was a lesson, but not a formal, formal lesson. We sang, prayed, and followed up on her reading. Then, in a way that was incredibly open, she started asking questions, and we answered as if we were friends. Because we are. Yes, we are missionaries, and yes we are professional, but we are her FRIENDS. I gushed about how much I love this gospel, about how happy I am for it in my life. It wasn`t planned. It wasn`t forced. It was a pure testimony, Alma4:19-style. It was from my heart. She accepted a baptism date!
We left the lessons literally in tears of joy. Walking away amazed how Heavenly Father answers the prayers of His servants, in behalf of His other children.
We were visiting a reference from a member, who was a former investigator, but not in the area book. Anyway, we were with her and she said the missionaries stopped visiting her because she couldn`t get baptized in that moment, but that she wants to get baptized. She has complications with her husband, and is in the decision of getting married. We were finishing the lesson, and asked her to give the prayer. As we knelt down, she started to offer the prayer, but choked up and started crying. Started crying and told us she felt so alone, that Heavenly Father had forgotten her, that she was abandoned because she couldn`t get baptized, but wants to. We hugged her and assured her that she is NEVER abandoned, that Heavenly Father is so mindful of her, that we, too, love her.
Also, there was an activity in a ward with a lot of youth leaving on missions. They had me share a spiritual experience. I pondered which, because every day we are having experiences. As I shared, I was so filled with love for those I`ve been able to teach. Heavenly Father is so loving. Then, out of all the 10 missionaries on the stand, the bishop asked me to share why I came on a mission. I didn`t know the bishop. I`d just greeted him as we came in. It was touching, because I can see that as Hermana Orgill and I have striven to be EXACTLY obedient, even in the small things, we are seeing MIRACLES. We walk and can FEEL the Holy Ghost with us. It`s incredible. I love every minute of it.
I love you all.



 Selvin's baptism (19th of July)


Comments