Week 58: Putting it in Stone

We were doing companionship study on Saturday morning (happy 13 months!) and we got a phone call from President Klein (he is our AMAZING mission president). He said he had a question for me, but didn`t want me to get trunky.
I knew where this conversation was going, and I didn`t like it.
He said he was looking at my release date of January 7th and wanted to talk to me about the possibility of changing it to get me home before Christmas. He asked, ¨How do you feel about that?¨
My answer to him came in the form of tears. ¨President, I`m not quite so sure I know how I feel about that…. How long do I have to sit on it, pray about it, fast about it?¨
He said we`d put it on the back-burner, but have it in the back of my mind.
And you´d better believe I did just that. I had a long session with Heavenly Father that night. And, in talking with President Klein several days later, the conclusion was reached: January 7th.
I know Christmas at home is a desire of a loving family, and believe it, that I would love it. I love my family. But there`s someone I love more. And I want to be in His service until the last moment I can.
So, with that being set, I don`t need to think or worry. Just keep focusing, working hard.
A young man was baptized this weekend. Selvin. He is so impressive. He was going to church several weeks before this transfer started, and we`ve been working with him since. I remember one appointment with him when we were inviting him for this date. He said at first he wasn`t sure. We started seeing where he was in his conversion, by asking the baptism questions. As we asked about the Resotration, he bore such strong testimony that yes, he knew the gospel was truly restored. His fear was his grand-parents (with whom he lives) giving him permission. He has an aunt who is a member that lives in Guatemala. Sealed, active.
We visited with his grandparents, and they highly respected his decision. So, since then, he`s been excitedly counting down the days for his baptism. His grandparents came to support, and before they left, we were talking with them in the hall of how they felt. She started to cry as she said she felt something so different. We explained that that is the Holy Ghost, and that he testifies to us of truth. She said she knows this is the right path for him. She and her husband then joined us on Sunday for his confirmation, and have various friends in Church. It was precious to see the light in her eyes as she talked of feeling something inexplicable, and being able to teach just what that is.
I love my companion more EVERY DAY! We laugh so much, and are learning an incredible amount. I am just so in LOVE with every moment! We, as a mission, are focusing on re-activating and visiting recent converts. As we`ve focused on that, we thought our work would slow down, but it`s been the opposite—it`s picked up.
I love love love love love Ana with all of my heart, might, mind, and soul. Her 9-year-old who says he doesn`t want to be baptized, yet every time we find him in the street asks when we`re coming, and makes sure he´s present. Her 16-year-old daughter who still wants nothing to do with us, but is always being visited by the youth of the ward. Then there`s Alejandra, the 16-year-old  young woman who cares for her little brother as if she`s mom, because her dad lives
My heart is so invested here. I don`t even know how to describe my love. Today as I was finalizing the date with President, he said how effective missionaries are when they have a lot of time. I feel that. I just GET it. I just LOVE it!
Rules of President Klein: Have patience. Love. Smile.
I´m so into that.




1. Packing those bags! Stuffed animal, Pancho, as well! 
 2. My new companion, Hermana Orgill!!!!
 3. My last picture with Hermana Zelada. Yes, our eyes were red from crying.



 Baptism of Family Funez



1. Our district. Elder Remington, Elder Ward, Hermana Lopèz (my former companion!), Hermana Ventura, me, Hermana Zelada 
 2. Us in a mototaxi. Yes, I am driving. :o
 3. The death of my 5-month old shoes.

1. Some food or something.
 2. Hermana Patty, world`s BEST member!
 3. We are opposites in EVERYTHING. :) And the blue string in front of our faces is our ghetto clothesline indoor for some special clothing we don`t want to hang outside. :) We`re very classy.
 4. Our zone.






Comments