Week 55: part of the joy of a mission

Part of the joy of a mission comes from new mission presidents. President Klein and his wife arrived Friday to meet us, and they are incredible! I learned an invaluable lesson---that this is not our area. This is not our work to do. We are hands. We are part, but by no means is this our work. This helped me realize how sacred our work is. That Heavenly Father knows what He wants for Porvenir (my area), and all I need to do is ask. Stop trying to do it myself and doule-check that it`s okay with Him. Trust in Him. Completely.
President Klein is amazing. Everything he said about it doesn`t matter how many baptisms, as long as they are CONVERTS, made me want to stand up and shout hallelujah. That we`re not here to baptize. We`re here to endure to the end with them. To help get them to the temple. Help get them to live with Heavenly Father. Ahh, it was so refreshing.
Part of the joy of a mission comes from the various paces of the weeks. Our work was slow this week for sickness with my companion. :( The poor dear. Transitioning stomachs make for a super FUN week. We`re starting slowly, but powerfully. :)

Part of the joy of a mission comes from the love one has for their companions. As we sang ¨Nearer My God, To Thee,¨ I remembered my little Guatemalan companion, Hermana Zelada. That was her favorite hymn. As I sang it here, I fondly remembered all our experiences.
This is the ward where the DAUGHTER of Angel & Ilse (the two that got baptized last Saturday) got baptized a year ago, and 2 weeks later her husband died.
Part of the joy of a mission comes from feeling like we`re opening the area again. :)
I love this work. I have never felt so happy, so in love with what I am doing until now. I love trusting in Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING and realizing that He gives us success. We don`t earn it. He gives it to us when He sees our hard work.

Comments