how to categorize nice people

this post was written about two weeks ago, but I didn't finish it then. I thought it was worth completion:

well... no true categorization discovered.

take tonight: cecilly was not so chill. after one heckuva week, I got a little cranky.
I knew this week would be insane, and I was ready for it....or so I thought.
but every night the piles of homework seem secondary to the mounting tasks for extra-curricular activities. my new roommates are the cutest people ever, and I don't deserve the love they show me; I'm gone 8 a.m. - midnight only to come home trying to meet the social fix I feel is lacking, then start the homework. priorities, priorities, priorities. punctuality has failed, expectations seem to suffocate me, and yet I genuinely love holding it together. date tonight: super fun (albeit after a whirlwind day). come home ready to focus, and I am crabby. I want to do homework, not speak to anyone. so far behind. so I am a little less than kind & loving to those around me. barricade myself in my room to work off my stress.

then the little gifts come.
a granola bar from a roommate--which turned out to be from a kind neighbor boy.
a mug of hot chocolate along with a bowl of fresh popcorn--from same caring neighbor.

then a couple days pass, and I get home to find a super kind note on my bed from my roommate.
after another long day on campus, I come home to a two-sided sign on the door reading, "Cecilly is IN" and "Cecilly is OUT" on alternating sides. oh, the love I feel.
after a lunch date I was anticipating, my roommies ask excitedly how it was. the caring.
talking to a friend on a Sunday afternoon about how I've changed over the years, and him building me up and treating me like a lady should be treated. my heart is happy.
a friend listening as I have a semi-meltdown and let the tears flow. and he laughs alongside me about needing waterproof mascara.
a wide smile and "hello" on campus from acquaintances.
dancing in the rain.
feeling free to be me.
I love nice people.


yes, it's gonna be a good life. 


Comments