Week 77: and the miracles come pouring down.... and down...... (while humming ¨And the world spins madly on¨.......)

irst things first, my companion makes me so HAPPY... I am so..... proud (but pride is a bad thing) of her! These last 2 weeks, I`ve loved as we are in companionship study and she expresses that there is a scripture she wants to share, but doesn`t know where. I give her a one-word advice:  ¨PRAY.¨ 
And she does.
And immediately after, she`s at the scripture she wanted to share. 

This week I`ve given her the pants. (okay, funny story:  Hermana Carpenter, another sister in the house, told her companion:
¨Hermana, you`ve got the pants.¨ (of this relationship, or that you`ve got the responsibility).
Her companion, confused, asked, ¨What pants?¨ 
And we all started laughing.
Yes, there are certain phrases that don`t transfer over languages. ha ha ha 

But. This week, I told Hermana Alfaro that I follow her. I acted as a new companion, and in every moment left it up to her to ¨lead me, guide me,¨ --and even sang her that little exerpt from ¨Teach Me to Walk in the Light¨ while we walked in the street-- :) (which is incredible, because days after I took the role of her ¨new¨ companion, she was informed she`ll be training. I`m so excited for her!)
So, Sunday, the appointments fell through. Usually I`m quick to go to the next place, and as usual, she looked to me. I reminded her that I`m her ¨new¨ companion. She looked stressed about where to go, and again the one word advice was given, ¨PRAY.¨
So she did.
And we pondered while the Spirit guided us to a street we`ve never visited.

And there waiting was an incredible family who is SO receptive, and so excited to listen.
I have one word of advice.

PRAY.


We´ve been searching for EVERY recent convert in our area book. Unfortunately, almost ALL have moved from here and we are unable to contact them. But, Heavenly Father gave us a little treat this week, of being able to make contact with two of them who have moved, but are active in other wards. One is in the bishopric. They both referred us to family members that, yes, live in our area. If we would never have searched them, we would never have recognized their names when Heavenly Father put them in our path. Heavenly Father is so kind.

We taught a recent convert about the temple work, and she cried knowing she could help her mother. I love this work.

Touching: An investigator told us: ¨You`re so transparent---you reflect Christ.¨ 

Had my final interview... for scheduling purposes, and for the number of missionaries leaving in this transfer, the interviews were done earlier to give adequate time. When I was called the morning of the interview, I asked, ¨Why so soon?? I`m not gone yet!!!!¨ Talking about the future.... Yeah, I`m going to work on improving my faith this week..... :) Talking about boys--even weirder. ha ha

I prefer missionary work.




Comments