Week 72: First Time for Everything

There`s a first time for everything.

I`m more than embarrassed to admit this, but...  here we go.
First time we had to repeat a baptism because it wasn`t done right.
Not just first time they had to be re-submerged. First time that someone was baptized with only part of their name, and we had to re-fill the font, re-bautize, and confirm them on the spot.
All because we cut a corner and didn`t fill out his baptism record BEFORE his baptism. 

Here`s the story:
Friday we finished divisions with some sisters, and we arrived to our area. The craziness began. The craziness I love. I crave. I love weird days. Normalcy bores me. As we entered the residential where we live, we found our dear zone leaders. We proceeded to tour houses (next week, our area will be divided and there will be 3 sets of missionaries in our ward! The sisters who are here now, and we´ll welcome a set of elders.) Then, the baptism hour changed and changed for Hermano Carlos´s work schedule. We ran home, I showered (was in desperate need!), quickly changed, and we went with Hermana Estella (the recent convert who was baptized last week). I admire her every day more. Every prayer is for her FAMILY. For her husband. I felt we needed to teach her temple work, and truthfully, I was a little lacking of faith. Because this was her doubt/dislike when we were teaching Selving. But this lesson CHANGED her life.
Hermana Nuñez, at one point in the lesson, said: ¨Your son is listening to this same gospel that we´re preaching to you.¨ 
Hermana Estella began to cry and said, ¨It`s beautiful. No other doctrine teaches that. They teach that everything ends at the death.¨
Oh, the sincerity was in her eyes.
She´s preparing to take names to the temple.
We ran home to ¨change shoes.¨ (AKA I really, secretly wanted to get cute/use perfume because the smoke at Hermana Estella´s house from her  stove gave me a nice campfire-feeling---WHICH, I STILL have!) We did a cute li´l thank-you to the elders for all they did. Oh, I love how chill elders are. 
The baptism was so spiritual. 
Oh, our mission leader is incredible. I just want to give him a hug. (but don`t worry--- I DON´T! :) ) I want to hug lots of people right now. 
Hermana Estella´s testimony touched me. ¨I know without a doubt this is the TRUTH. I searched for so long, and now I found it.¨ 
Hermano Carlos´s eyes shone as he bore his testimony, ¨I never dreamed this day would happen--and now I`m baptizing myself again. The enemy is always there... I know without a doubt this is the only true church.¨
I cried. He suffers so much opposition. No one from his family was there. 
Incredible week. Incredible lesson learned: 

ALWAYS FILL OUT THE BAPTISM RECORD BEFORE THE BAPTISM.



Comments