Week 69: Their Faith Fills Me

How are you going to feel when an investigator has more faith than you?¨ asked Hermano Clark, my MTC teacher, day 3 at the MTC.  

I pondered the question long and hard, truly uncertain what I would do, and somehow assured that that day would truly arrive. And... that day certainly HAS arrived--many-a-times. 
Carlos, an investigator we`re privileged to teach, is just that. I marvel at his faith. I stand all amazed at his humility. I´m reverenced by his sincere desire to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. I admire his stalwartness. I yearn for his pure love for the Savior.

He`s about dad`s age (hence, I`ll refrain from going into exact digits). :) and, like dad, a life of hard work shows on his weather-worn, but cheery face. His kindness is admirable--bringing us bread that his wife made when he came to the chapel to be taught---a walk he makes in rain, dangerous nighttime... so willingly. Just like dad, he is always willing to help however he can. This 12th of October he will make a promise with Heavenly Father, and I am overjoyed to be an instrument in the smallest, yet most touching way to prepare him for that day.
Truly, certainly, undoubtedly, his faith fills me.

Stepping away from Carlos, we`re teaching Porfidio and Estella. They`re a li´l ´ol couple that love their feisty arguments. She is another example of faith that simply FILLS ME. At church, he was soooo tired, but came for all 3 hours (the second time he`s stayed the full time). Reminded me of dad, again. :)  falling asleep on the stand, what? :) she joked that next week she`ll bring suckers to keep him awake. (Dad, maybe that`ll work for you, too! :) ) This Friday, Estella will enter into holy waters. Oh, I am so thrilled. Be it a long walk or not, she is at church every Sunday, at every Relief Society activity, and reading every day even if she doesn`t understand a thing she reads. THAT is faith. We taught her the Word of Wisdom, and the next day, she had left her coffee completely. Said that if it`s a commandment of God, ¨Hay que obedecerlo.¨ (It has to be obeyed.) 
Her love fills me, her example stuns me, and her faith fills me.

This Saturday and Sunday we will be privileged to hear from a prophet of the Lord and those chosen Apostles of our Heavenly Father. Let`s write our list of questions we have and be ready, because EVERY QUESTION will be answered. (in the last conference, every question of my 20-odd questions was answered.)  Yeah, I`m making my REALLY LONG list now. :)

Comments