Week 54: holy tears

oly tears this week! In just days since I`ve written, the holy tears have fallen quite freely.
Because I left the Funez family. I couldn`t even try to hold back the tears on that one. The minute I announced I was leaving, the tears formed. I have loved seeing their progress. Hearing his daughters sing at his baptism. Hearing hermano Angel declare the words, ¨I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.¨ for the first time.
Holy tears fell as President Veirs said good-bye to all of us, and when Hermana Veirs read her good-bye poem, written by Hermana Flake. My respect for them is so deep. And truly, just as the missionaries sang, he raises me up so I can stand on mountains. President Veirs has been there to encourage me when I felt down. He´s an incredible leader. Sister Veirs downright inspires me by her cute personality and hilarious, sincere little thoughts. She is my mission mom. I can`t believe that tomorrow they are done. Their service ends.
Holy tears bucketed down my face saying good-bye to Hermana Zelada, my cute li´l Guatemalan companion who changed my life andeternity forever. And knowing that I may neverever see her again. Why? Because today in the transfer meeting, the mission split. And we are in different missions. I am now not part of the San Pedro Sula mission, but San Pedro Sula East mission. I cannot enter San Pedro Sula because now it is out of my mission. It`s kind of exciting--all these changes. My areas from before are all part of the WEST mission, so from here on out, I will be in completely new zones, new sister missionaries etc. But saying good-bye wasn`t easy. Good-bye to Hermana Tolliver, remembering our first days together one year ago. Remembering our MTC lessons which were a hilariously disastrous wreck. Ahh, we`ve come so far. I love the mission far more than I could express. It was a little said to listen to testimonies of missionaries finishing the mission andnot feel the spirit. Feel that yes, they passed two years of time, but the spirit wasn`t apparent in their testimony. I am determined not to be that.
My new companion... Hermana Orgill from Logan, Utah. Woo hoo! She got here 6 weeks ago, as well, so I`ll be finishing her training. I kinda reallylike this finishing-the-training-thing. Of course, it would be amazing to start with a newbie, fresh from the MTC, but I love picking up where someoneleft off. And more than that, I know every transfer is inspired. We are going to eeeeeeennnnnnjjjjjjjjoooooooyyyyyyy this transfer!
I`m in an area in which I`m very excited to be. Area: Porvenir, Zona: La Lima. :)

1. Our district. Elder Remington, Elder Ward, Hermana Lopèz (my former companion!), Hermana Ventura, me, Hermana Zelada
2. Us in a mototaxi. Yes, I am driving. :o
3. The death of my 5-month old shoes.


1. Packing those bags! Stuffed animal, Pancho, as well! 

2. My new companion, Hermana Orgill!!!!

3. My last picture with Hermana Zelada. Yes, our eyes were red from crying.

1. Some food or something.

2. Hermana Patty, world`s BEST member!
3. We are opposites in EVERYTHING. :) And the blue string in front of our faces is our ghetto clothesline indoor for some special clothing we don`t want to hang outside. :) We`re very classy.

4. Our zone.

Comments