Week 52: Breakthroughs and discoveries

Remembering that we just broke through the icebergs last week, we are now into the ´breakthroughs and discoveries´ part of the adventure. When meetings with leaders don`t go as planned, we share their trials, learn from amazing teachers, the power of reading Book of Mormon stories, dropping investigators...
Some little words of wisdom for a crazy perfectionist: 
¨I understand my purpose, but I am definitely not going to become bitter in life trying to please people who don`t see the good we do.¨
¨Don`t worry about them, they are hindering your progress and your happiness. They`re imperfect like us.¨
¨If my happiness depended on other people, I would be be completely bitter.¨

As our investigators all fell through Saturday, we realized we are in the phase of finding news again (as always). Because when one little window closes, it`s because a huge one is opening. Heavenly Father is trying us to make sure we`re worthy of His very best that He has prepared for us. 

I was studying Alma 5 this week (soaking it up!) and pondering in the importance of remembering the captivity of our parents. I have been pondering a lot about how much it means that my mom made the choice to accept this gospel, and how my life has changed. That she was liberated from captivity of not knowing about it. From a darkness. That we were brought to light, now as a family. I shared that with an investigator family, and couldn`t keep the tears of gratitude from falling. Truly, this gospel is everything to me. I love it. Love reading Book of Mormon stories with members and investigators, love contacting in the bus becauase they can`t go anywhere, loved our sister`s p-day with all the sisters singing, ¨As Sisters in Zion,¨ knowing that in one week, our mission will be divided into two and we won`t see the 20 sisters every again. That President and Sister Veirs leave in 10 days and a wonderful new president and his special wife will come. What emotions. In all ways.

Love this work. Sè que lo que estamos enseñando es verdadero. Que lo ha cambiado mi vida. Amo este obra. Amo mi Salvador, Jesucristo.


Comments