Week 40: EASTER HAPPINESS

Hey family!
So, it's now no secret that on Wednesday, I'll be having a change. They won't officially announce them until Monday, but today we were baking with Sister Veirs, and it's just... coming. We might have spent the morning packing (okay, we've really known all along that our time here was short-lived. They can't keep this pair together. So, the next p-day will indeed be Monday--the one AFTER conference. And from then on, it will be Monday forever, like normal missionaries that aren't part of the office. :( 
This week we saw so many little miracles. We started out getting more humbled than we even thought possible. This week was Semana Santa--the week of Easter. AKA everyone goes to the beach. AKA NO ONE is here. So... we spent our mornings walking around in the rain, looking for a person to talk to. Ha ha lit'rally, we were looking for someone to talk to. It was weird that it rained this week, because this week is always the HOTTEST time of the year. The first day was flaming hot. Thought we'd catch on fire in any moment. Then the next day, Noah-like rain came down and the floods came up. The rains came down and the floods came up.... (yeah, I'm a TOTAL Church-song nerd!) So, good-bye every pair of shoes I have. Ruined. And.... about that umbrella that a missionary left... where did I put that? Our lovely members lent me one. Hermana Tolliver's..... ha ha ha ha hers is one of those little mini-ones, and slowly every day one side of it starts breaking and drooping down. Ever since she fell in the manhole that rainy day and broke it, it's been a downhill adventure. We are a pathetic-looking bunch with smiles and laughter. Quite the pair. We not only hit a wall this week, but we FELL OFF THE WALL (the question to Serbia: why were we even ON the wall?). The mini-breakdown came after we went with Hernan, our investigator who smoked the day before his baptism date, while even now denying that he smokes. I just felt that my contribution here hasn't been what it should be. Etc. Tears. Chatting. DTR in the rainy street. One blessing later, and I have a strengthened testimony of Priesthood power and a softened heart. I went to the district meeting with a heavy heart. And OF COURSE, we were the missionaries chosen to do the practice. On the very day I wanted to be nothing more than a sideliner. Heavenly Father knows when we need to just get pulled out of our weak condition. I humbled myself, realized I needed a little help, and asked the Zone Leaders for a blessing. 
The weekend was complete when we FOUND CARLOS. He received us again! We were walking in the street (a common activity for us nowadays), talking in English (a recent bad habit of ours), and laughing (also a very good habit we've picked up), when Carlos saw us and waved. Ohhhhhhh, I can now leave here complete. My heart jumped that he wanted us to come. 
We have an ADORABLE new family which are going to get married and baptized. Jackie, Carlos, and Carlitos. (I know WAYYYY too many Carlos's). :)

We were making cookies with a family to give out to their neighbors. And then... President Veirs shows us. To drop off the member's brother from the mission. Uh.... what is President doing here????? Small moment of panic. We got it under control. 
I'm having a SWEET weekend (no pun intended. Okay, so... it was intended). making lots of goodies with Sister Veirs. I'll miss coming here, but I am SO ready for the next adventure--wherever, whatever, and with whomever it will be. 
Miracles are coming like crazy.
I started the mission believing in the gospel. In the middle mark (yes, we hit the middle mark!!!) and I KNOW these things. I only wonder where we'll be in another 9 months. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Happy Easter, Happy Conference, Happy LIFE, Happy EVERYTHING, and I will have a new companion when I chat with you next!!!!!

Comments