Week 34: my heart just broke

What a week of miracles. 
And it ends with the announcement of five minutes ago: I have transfers on Wednesday.
Yes, I am probably crying here in the internet cafe. Thank you, little dividers between computers. 
I love this area. It`s been an AMAZING week, to see especially how the Book of Mormon, or how the SPIRIT, through reading the Book of Mormon, changes LIVES. Before, I heard that and I half believed it. Wanted to believed it. Said it because it was a pretty phrase. But this week I've seen how Miriam and Nelson are reading the Book of Mormon as a COUPLE, how that is strengthening them to keep the law of chastity. That he wants to marry her. That he`s calm, tranquil. 
That Delmi and Jose Antonio, a poor couple in the area called `The Bordo`, that she writes down every verse from her reading into a little notebook. Every verse. Word for word. Because that, for her, is how she can remember it. And I didn`t think she`d be able to understand a lot, but she is so intelligent. At first, she didn`t want to marry him. Her boyfriend is amazing. Such a good father, holds the umbrella for her when they walk, holds the baby when she reads in the Book of Mormon, and works hard every day. She wanted, as so many people here do, more time to prove it out. We pressed forward, focusing on helping her read the Book of Mormon. And the Spirit brought a change to her heart. Now, she wants to get married, wants to get baptized. It`s been an incredible week. Just DO what we`re told to do: GO to the house of members with the investigators, so that the two can grow in their testimonies, have friendship. 
We had the most INCREDIBLE Family Home Evening with Miriam. She is heart and soul. Her family. Her 5-year old angel, Maria Fernanda. I have been praying ALL week just for one change more here. One transfer more. I want to see her wedding, her baptism. She`s on the path. Her family means SO much to me. My companions can testify of that. Every DAY I am thinking, planning, finding a talk, verse, something for her. To build her faith. She`s so intelligent, so spunky. So.... let`s not brag, but I see so much of me in her. :) She is so cute.... confession she told us: she fasted last week to know about if she should marry Nelson, her inactive boyfriend who is reactivating in the Church. She told us afterwards she fasted that I won`t have cambios. That none of us will. How adorable. That Maria Fernanda, her 5-year-old ANGEL, asked if they could adopt me. And asked why I was born in the U.S. and why my parents didn`t bring me here to be born. ha ha good question, right, mom & dad? 
We were in a lesson, and Maria Fernanda opened a bag of cookies and gave me one. Ha ha just me. Not my companions. It was so adorable. Miriam noted of the preference. I love that little girl. Miriam says she wants Maria Fernanda to serve a mission someday. In 14 years, I will anxiously be anticipating that announcement. I am so heartbroken to leave them. I knew it was a possibility in the back of my heart, but just denied that it could happen. 
I just love them SO. MUCH. 

I know I`ll love this next area, but.... there`s so much here. I think that`s why. When we feel comfortable, ready, is when Heavenly Father needs to stretch us, test us a little more.

I was thinking a lot this week in the part of my little black nametag with `Francisco.`In moments when I was tired (literally, physically. Like after lunch when we go out in the hot sun and I am trying not to fall asleep), I strengthen myself by thinking of my family. That I want to represent you, mom and dad. Adam, Isaac, Adrienne, Kristie. That if you were here in every street contact, in every bus, in every lesson.... that I could feel I was giving it my all.

I fell in love with the mission again this week.
Miriam goes to the temple this Saturday. I know it will change her life. 
I love you all, I`m sorry there`s not time to write.... I love you.


Oh, and last night Hermana Tolliver and I got a little cray--cray and we cut our own hair.
Let`s just say I`ll be using pigtails for a little while. Because that`s all I can do at this point. With what hair is left. 
But oh, it was hilarious.

Love you all. This work is His. It`s Real. I love it.

Comments