Week 33: And we start a new journal

Highlights:
We got to stay the night with the mission president`s wife, Sister Veirs, because our mission president was out of town, and she wanted company. She is ADORABLE! I loved sitting at a nice table in a cozy home home where I didn`t have to feel guilty for what time it was, if I'd been there too long, shared something helpful enough, taught a spiritual enough lesson. Nope... just... be. Just listen to stories from her life, laugh my head off, eat ice cream--like real ice cream (yes, every good day includes something about food, mkay?) It was life-changing to have a warm shower, sleep in a queen sized, actually comfy bed for one night, wake up feeling like a princess.

We fasted with Miriam. She fasted for the first time. Ever. And I loved that we could teach her the principle and testify of the power of fasting, but meanwhile we could also ask her how she was feeling, laugh with her when she said how she had to refuse to make dinner or she`d be tempted beyond her capacity. I love her. Hope hope hope, pray pray pray that she will choose to be baptized. We talked to her last night as she dropped us off at our house about it. (I love the lessons outside of the `lesson lesson,`about her situation. Separate or marry. Her boyfriend is legally married in the U.S., and is working on the divorce papers, but she`s not suer if they want to get married... one of those every-day challenges that we see. She is just progressing, GETTING it, making these changes. I KNOW she is capable. I have never thought about someone so much more than myself. How selfish (but true) of a realization. Anyway, yesterday she dropped the June bomb.... that they may wait until June to see. When she said that, I think I experienced what a heartbreak would be. The closest thing I know. 
I know when she goes to the temple open house, that her heart will be touched. 

Speaking of temple open house, that is the TALK around here. The new big thing. We saw pictures of it, and everyone says they`re hearing announcements from the T.V. about it. Ohhhh, if only we could go! That would be MAGICAL. For all you withing travel of the temple, GO! For me, pretty please. :) Miss it. Love it. 

Oh, and this week we are back to a trio, but with Hermana Guzman, and now the two areas we are in are one. I really do love the changes. I used to want to know every single detail before it happened, but anymore, I am game for whatever comes. 
And... started a new journal this week.

and... got a phone call 8:50 to speak in church at 9:00. That`s always a good time. thank goodness for all those FBLA speeches, mom! the newbies got here, and we got to have a lesson with them one of the nights. Oh, adorable! I forgot how scared I must have been when I was new, too. 





Great week! Loves!

Comments