Week 8: TWO DAYS!!!

This is it. The countdown is upon me. I review the week and see such tremendous growth. With the mission field at my fingertips, I have goals. Lists of goals. And lists for those lists of goals. The people of Honduras will hardly know what HAPPENED! In our housing, there is also housing for temple visitors. Since the temple in Honduras won´t be dedicated until December (which, rumor is they send sisters to that, so I might get to go!!!!! Even though it´s not in my mission!) People in the temple housing were from San Pedro Sula! So, we connected about the mission, and one of the people has sisters that are leaving this Monday, so that might be me!! This week we went proselyting. Yes, they let us out into the wild. I don´t know why they trust the MTC missionaries in the real world, but I am so thankful they do. We went out for half a day and knocked doors. BEST. EXPERIENCE. OF. MY. LIFE. We talked to many people, and almost all were friendly. One in specific, Hector, just has a look in his eyes about it. He expressed concern that he lived too far that missionaries couldn´t reach him (because he was working in the area we proselyted in). I just... thought on that. No child of God is too far for missionaries to reach. We will do what we can to reach him. He said he was worried he wouldn´t understand the Book of Mormon, the parts he would read, before the missionaries came. Oh, Hector. And I get to do this for another year and a half. Please, please, please, come, Monday! Sooner the better! Not a momen t will be wasted. My companionship is AMAZING. I LOVE Hermana Ericson, and I am so sad we will be separated on Monday! This week we finally got the hang of teaching together. Of sharing time, sharing scriptures, asking questions. That´s one area I definitely need the help of the Lord... in teaching. I feel so ineffective. So, humility is definitely an attribute I am learning. They told us this week ¨The attitude you have this week carries on into the mission. This is your time to change
what you need to change.¨THAT is why I have lists and lists of lists of things I need to change.   Love you! Honduras, here we COOOMMMMEEE!!!!

Comments