Week 6

Firstly, ¡FELIZ cumpleaños a Isaac! Last week I forgot to include it, but I had it on my paper to remember. But, push comes to shove and there is never enough time. I´ve seen Donovan aqui! (here).It´s so refreshing to have a new group of people.Although, it was sad when our old group left. The MTC completely turned over, in that everyone here this week is new except our group of 16 de Provo. Latinos are only here for 3 weeks before they go to their country, and the ¨norties¨are here for 6 weeks after being in Provo for 3. So, we have 3 (now only 2) weeks left until we go into ¨el campo¨ (the field). This week after the old people left and before the new ones arrived,the 16 of us went into Guatemala City to go to market. It was incredible being there. I just wanted to be out with these people, learning about them, sharing the gospel. I wonder how Honduras will be different. But, I love them.


Our new teacher is a lawyer as well as a part-time teacher aqui. She has definitely helped bring the perspective of yes, learn the language, but our main focus is to teach by the Spirit. Sometimes I get so caught up in that I don´t know teaching ¨techniques.¨but then I´m reminded that I don´t teach.The Spirit does. Cliche, but true. 
I´ve started to shift perspective from thinking and worrying about me to thinking through the eyes of an investigator. We do an exercise when we take on a role of someone we know that isn´t a member and someone teaches us. It really does make me think how it is to NOT have the gospel.. to NOT know. We have 3 investigators right now, and with all of them it´s starting from no belief in a God. Very interesting when I´ve been brought up just knowing that from day 1. So, His work goes on boldly, nobly here in the Guatemala MTC. Oh, root canal went dandy. I am SO grateful for the senior missionaries aqui! Elder and Hermana Call from Colorado. In the ONLY dentist clinic the church as in the world. It makes me think of how missions really are a consecration of everything we have and are. Things with my companion have been AMAZING this week! We´re now on the same page. The new missionaries are adorable.So.... new. Deer in the headlights. ;) LOVE
you! Oh, we went contacting for reals on the streets! AMAZING!!!!

Comments