Week 7: Light

So much light this week. So many little flecks of gold in learning. This gospel make so complese SENSE. it fulfills prophecies of an Apostacy occuring, followed by a Resoration. Of the tribes of Ephraim being gathered.It answers questions, and fills me with utter amazement. That´s not why I believe it, though. I believe it because
it FEELS so true. That is manifest as I ready and study, and I just don´t konw how I missed this light before now. It fills me with love. Understanding. Light. There is no better word to describe how I feel than¨ ´light.´Jesus Christ IS the light and life of the world. He was so ready, so GRATEFUL, (I believe) to be honored to appear with the
Father in Spring of 1820 in response to a humble boy´s questions. Imagine how our Savior felt.... for hundreds of years after His life ended on the earth, He could appear to begin establishing His Church, His Gospel once again on the earth.
Life is a beautiful li´l jigsaw puzzle, and the gospel is the largest pieces. Without it, you could
make out parts and they still have beuty, but the puzzle is never complete until all the pieces are used. Now.... if I could just find a way to say thta in Spanish. :) Spanish is coming, though. And ready or now, in 8 days we hit the field. This is surreal. This week we had an amazing opportunity to go through the temple in Spanish.Oh, that was just beautiful. There were a couple sisters from Honduras going through for their first time. 8 hour bus ride (usually. this time it was 14 hours because of automobile problems), 4 times a year. Makes me so grateful for a temple in my city. This week I made leaps and bounds in the companionship department. I realized something... that I have been pretty... ummm... selfish... because I have placed SUCH a priority on Spanish that I have really neglected/not paid heed to that my companion is learning just as I am. Needs the same help I need. So, yesterday/two days ago, we really bonded. Laughed more. Helped each other more. She is SO positive, and seriously BRIGHTENS my day. I will MISS her. Miss our roommates, too! Last night we all made a little paper crown, paper streamers, and a little sign for another Hermana whose birthday was today. We sang Primary songs in Spanish, laughing at how poorly we could translate the songs and sing it in another language. I love these girls. yesterday we got our final schedule... the schedule for next week. We have proselyting in the city, this time only with our companion (before we had a native speaker). And we have in field training. If my heart didn´t stop at seeing that on the schedule, I don´t know what would make it stop.We also did exchanges, so for a day I was companions with Hermana Bitter (Holly Olsen´s cousin). I learned SO much, and learned how CRAZY disorganized I am! She is so organized, and so much my inspiration for it! In study today, I realize the message of the Restoration is so simply... maybe. That the SAME Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth.
The same order. I love this!

Comments