Week 5: Never a Normal Day

Ohhhh, another week. I cannot believe how every day could be such an incredible adventure. The week started off amazing with a li´l devotional from a member of the Seventy. Carlos Amado, I think is the spelling of his name. The whole MTC was there, which means it was in Spanish; thankfully, we had a translator and wore those headphones & whatnot. Pretty legitimate. He talked about how the battle that began in the heavens has not changed. It has only moved. Heavenly Father knows what we are capable of, knows our strengths, knows our
weaknesses, and He expects you to learn. He wants you to grow. We also have an emey, that knows what we´re capable of, and he, too, knows our weaknesses. That was soemthing that gave me a helpful perspective. I
could look at everything a little differently, especially through the insane week. Also, he talked about being the missionary we want to be comes with a cost. I never realized that. That to become the (amazing) person I hope to become in life, that means that an equal amount of triumphs through struggle may be necessary. A gem that kept me running  this week. I am not serving MY MISSION, I am serving HIM, serving HIS mission. And a final thought is about Jacob 5, the infamous allegory This truly is the time for pruning His vineyard. No wonder He refines His servants. No wonder there is no room for individual will and pride. He needs His servantws wholly focused on the work. He needs me, Hermana Francisco, to check my desire at the door. Come here and
consecrate everything I AM to Him. Every last thing.            
So, gems of the week on a lighter note. My roommate, Hermana Romero (from Honduras) is INSANELY hilarious. One night she asked my companion (who doesn´t understand much Spanish), to rub creme on her stomach because it hurt. My innocent companion had no idea what was going on until the creme was in her hand and the stomach was showing, waiting for creme. Oh, we DIED!!! 
I had some toothache problemas this week, and one night was up about 1:30 a.m. I sleep on the top bunk the furthest from the door (6 hermanas in our room), and after getting up and down twice for water, I decided to be
considerate and take my restlessness into the hallway. So, I took a blanket, pillow, and scriptures. I meant to just read in comfort (and it was chilly by the window) till I felt tired, then go back into my room, but I ended up falling asleep. In the morning, everyone was asking who the mysterious person had been. Yeah, that´s me. ha ha ha They kinda expect it from Hermana Francisco. After visiting the dentist (a North American senior missionary couple), and receiving the verdict of a root canal, I committed to drinking more water. Until my water filter tasted of POISON!!! seriously. Pretty sure there´s something wrong with it. Notecards destroyed in washer, smelly shoes always... life is GOOD!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Comments