the big M's

I don't mean M&M's
or McDonald's
or Mangoes
or Maps
or Methuselah
or Magleby's.

I'm talking Missions and Marriage.
For dramatic sake, we'll treat them as proper nouns during this post.

Nelchie and I were gchatting (absolutely essential to our existence, btw) and we were planning our last hurrah together before we tackle the big M's. I'll enter the MTC in three weeks (if I haven't mentioned yet, I'm terribly excited out of my mind), and then a month minus two days later Clara will enter said MTC. Four days after Clara goes in the MTC, Nelchie will marry that Carlitos character (I'm hoping to make it sound sketch. adds to the excitement).

So continues the reign of Missions and Marriage.

While I'm sweating my face off in the land of Honduras striving to serve a worthy Mission, my friends back home will be having babies and furthering their life in Marriage. I'd be dishonest if I said I wasn't wistful about missing these beautiful chapters--beautiful lives--entering the world. And at this point in life, I've finally learned to JGOM (Just Get Over Myself--adaptation from Nelchie's "Just Get Over It) and stop hesitating in relationships. I had to fall and scrape my knees before I could learn to walk. And I had to walk before I could run. And right now being in Chicago, I'm sure glad for those many scraped knees as a child, because running is becoming my addiction--my personal liberation from stress.

I'd like to tell a little secret to all of my blog followers (so, Adrienne, Nelchie, Clara, and perhaps a random passerby, listen closely:) I am excited to be Married. And I want it. Not before a Mission, but yes, I  want Marriage. shhhhhh, it's my secret... When I come home, yes please. Until then, I'll do what I can to learn. I'm done being super judgmental and holding back because getting close to someone meant the possibility I could learn to love them--and get Married. I'm not scared of that anymore.

This change of heart and mind is evidenced in my dating someone. (did the world just stop spinning?) Not an I'm-not-going-to-serve-a-Mission-dating someone, but an I'm-going-to-learn-what-I-can-about-relationships-so-I-can-relate-to-people-better-on-my-Mission-and-when-I-return-be-more-prepared-for-Marriage dating someone. Besides, I don't know what dating is aside from a mutual understanding to get to know each other better, somewhat exclusively. And perhaps some benefits. ;) What was once a 25-piece puzzle grew to be a 100-piece, and is now looking at being a 500-piece puzzle. And isn't that the beauty of life? That we can't understand it all just by looking at it. We have to live it--not just exist during it--we have to live it to see the excitement of a 500-piece-puzzle versus the 25-piece-puzzle. (believe me, I've spent the last couple weeks working on a 7-piece puzzle...What I wouldn't give for the challenge of a 500-piece. :) )

Comments

Chloe said…
meep. I just died. and came back to life.
You sneaky lil' devil you.

:) *thus furthers my urges to see you even more.

Not to mention i'm at work, and i obviously have sooo much to do since I'm probably the first to read this.
Adrienne said…
Cec... get married! "Those eggs aren't getting any younger"... bwah ha ha. I'm excited for your mission. Els and I will write you AND wait for you:)