may not be the best

there are a plethora of things I'm not the best at.
Like, oh, maybe being a good roommate, friend, co-worker, student, or sister.

as a roommate, I oftentimes leave dishes in the sink, and after meticulously cleaning my room for 2 hours it will become a disaster zone in 3 minutes--and stay that way for the next 48 hours as I fall asleep on the couch, on top of clothes, or on the floor (if I get desperate).

as a friend, I often lose many-a-deep conversations with friends because I insist on "multi-tasking:" computer open, email flying, papers being written, reading articles, staring at the abyss of my googlecalendar... stressing myself out over menial, truly unimportant tasks. I don't listen how I should. I tune out, give my "uh huh," "yeah," "totally," "I know, right?" at the appropriate moment, but don't tune in for life.


as a co-worker, I don't open up and trust those I work with. and maybe sometimes I get really frustrated... like how this week I've had to put in an extra 10 hours (that I don't have) into correcting coworkers' mistakes. suffice to say, I was not happy. today I realized I need to jgoi (as Nelchie would say)--just get over it. I was just ticked, and not about to let this slide by so easily. suffice to say: prayer does amazing things to one's anger...

as a student, well.... that's a joke. I never was stellar at that student thing. even in high school, extra curriculars are what kept me sane. I did school because you have to be enrolled to do the extra curriculars. Even now, my life is not inside those classroom walls. As finals began today, I'm just counting down till I get to see Adrienne, Nathan, and Elliott. a new stage of life is beckoning me.

as a sister, I wish a million times over I were better. I'm not grateful enough for the constant opportunity to see my li'l sister. and I forget to be a better older sister for her. I forget to be patient, to open up, to find out about her life, and to take part in it. I hardly ever talk to my brothers unless I need something... and older sister, well, I blogstalk. :) I just wish to be better in so many ways.


but,

there is one role I'm motivated and excited to fill.

that of Hermana Francisco.

I was reading my Spanish copy of the Book of Mormon, and called over a friend to help with pronunciation. As I read it, I realized how deeply I do love this gospel. How grateful I am to have guidance and direction, to know that I am a daughter of a god. Of God. and that I get to put on a little black name tag and represent Jesus Christ. His Church.

so, until June 20th arrives, I'll live up these moments--running at 10 p.m. with best friend to get a redbox. laying out in the sun in front of the apt soaking in spring. holding my skirt down as the wind tries to blow a whole lotta spring up that skirt. taking pictures at Temple Square with best friends. receiving a redbox birthday present. carnation moments. Easter egg hunts around the apartment complex. The after-hunt-Easter-egg-hunt to retrieve the forgotten eggs. Onesie Wednesdays. TedTalks. Yogurtland. Benadryl knocking me out so long I miss my last class period. cycle at Gold's Gym. 1:20 a.m. blogging. being a TA. painting fingernails. dying Easter eggs. Wendy's dates with Clara. the messiness of my room. camping trips to Escalante. 

Comments