120 students, 100 pounds, 76 hours, 30 dollars, 2 exams, 1 flight


in approximately that time frame, I will be on a flight to Chicago.

I should feel emotions as I pack up, but I don't. Moving on is as instinctual as waking up. So what I'll be around all but three strangers in a matter of three days? Seems so oddly normal. I don't think I've started to process that I'll be around only strangers for a really long time... mission seems so far away, but I have an inkling the time will soar by. I surely hope so.

I think the reason packing doesn't feel emotional is that I didn't really get connected this year. Busyness gave me an excuse to not really develop strong ties. I mean, I have, but I don't feel sad about leaving them. Perhaps independence has grown? I feel like it. This year has been an enormous growth year.... and it's only just beginning.

Oh yeah, and my heart skipped a couple beats when I found out Na was home. nbd.

Either way, I have 120 students' exams to grade, 100 pounds to magically balance between two suitcases, 76 hours to anxiously wait, 30 dollars for a replacement key, 2 exams to take, and 1 flight to catch.

Comments

Mom said…
Wow! I had them all guessed, except the $30.....and allow me to help you with that one, compliments of the 'princess'...:). Exciting times ahead!
Hoa Nguyen said…
It's sad that you are leaving us, but it's happy that you are going on a mission :). U re a wonderful TA and I'm one of 120 students :))
Adrienne said…
CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait:) Get on that plane. Els is dying to have a new playmate.