get a life.

on a ROLL around here! should I be doing my Book of Mormon paper right now? yep. am I? nope. I find blogging much more personally fulfilling for the moment being. Personal identity > homework.

in reading a post written last year, I realized my need to really LIVE. stop trying to be perfect, trying to be professional, la la la. booooooorrrrrrrrrrrriinnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.


firstly, poor Ryan. because we work together, live at the same complex, and are doing Wake Forest together, we joke we're married. Sadly for him, I vent to him like we are. Today at church, I sought his advice on how to live a life of happiness. I wrote a note (very high school of me, I know. Someday I'll consider growing up.)

I asked: "What do you do to get energy?" luckily he didn't refer me to taking drugs or any form of reckless behavior. he probably held back because of the context of being at church.
his reply: "escape from the norm." hmmmmm.......

so, I compiled a list of "things to learn"
piano. guitar. painting. kayaking. racketball. ~lead-climbing (added by Ryan)

next list: "things to do"
AFI's Top 100 movies. Triathlon.

I really do want to have hobbies and get a life.
maybe after I write this Book of Mormon paper I'll add more to my lists....


Comments

Chloe said…
racquetball dearie...;) i'll teach you.
Cecilly said…
ha ha oops.... please do. Just after February 19th. then I get a life again!