simplify

a theme I've been learning from life recently is:

simplify.

life has been going a gazillion miles an hour.

insanity = working as TA 20 hrs. between Monday-Wednesday + 14 credits of senior-level courses + president of Marketing Association (on-campus club) + 17 hrs. weekly Wakeforest prep cases + internship searching + social life + spiritual mission preparation + working out + trying to be kind, especially when stressed + attempting to eat healthfully by prepping food + mental breaks + homework for those 14 credits of senior-level classes + email inbox.



Good friend Ryan pointed out that I like this lifestyle. Which, yes, is certainly true. The complete mental break over Christmas break was too relaxing for me: I feel the need to be on-the-go go!!

Buuuuuuuuut..... I will admit that I am a bit tired.


Okay, I'm kinda really tired. I know this lifestyle is only going to spiral downward until I can't function normally. I don't laugh anymore because I'm too stressed trying to get everything done. By attempting to do everything, I"m accomplishing nothing. Sure, my to-do list is accomplished, but I'm irritable, tired, impatient, and selfish.... I now see the need to simplify.

Wakeforest means so much to me right now: it's an opportunity to represent BYU at a national level and show other schools that BYU is reputable. Our team (Ryan, Tyler, Amie, and I) have been doing practice cases for three weeks to get ready for our case on the company BB&T. This includes getting a business case (a problem) Tuesday, then presenting to faculty every Friday. We've put in many-a-midnight meetings that adjourn at 3 a.m.... all in the name of preparation.

I don't socialize much outside of school, MA, & Wakeforest... not a whole lot of time. Weekends are sleep & homework. I'm not so sure I like that trend. People are so important--and have always been so important to me. I lose myself in every decision to place things above people. My mantra "people are more important than things" has fallen sadly by the wayside.

But, my spirits are lifted by joshua radin pandora radio, mentalist, running, cycle classes at the gym, taking pictures, barefoot walks in the brisk cold, daydreaming, yogurtland, writing in or reading journals, byu bookstore chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, once upon a time, solo piano music, reading scriptures, closing my eyes, and leaving technology at home to go be with people.


Life really isn't complex: I just have made it so by focusing on only myself... a world of one is a lonely place.

Comments

~Christine~ said…
You are one busy girl...but an inspiration too! :)