do they?

I have a perplexing question on my mind: do best friends win? 

I mean the kind of "win" where something unforeseen comes from a friendship. wink wink nudge nudge. ;)

I used to believe that yes, best friends always win in the end, but I've been jaded, I suppose, to think that if two people become best friends, some  unspoken bond is made that halts them from crossing the line into something more.

I suppose it's no matter, but there are just some gem people whom I would love to entertain the idea of something more with, but we're currently just "best friends." Rather than feel shame or embarrassment at vocalizing myself, I am more pleased that life isn't too scary to tackle. If I have something to say, you'd better believe I'll say it: life's too short!

Abbie's wedding was fabulous this last week; I stayed with a man-friend down there, hence where these thoughts stem from. I learn to be okay with how things are, even though I do actually wish for something more. I won't get my hopes up, and I will steer clear of the thought that best friends always win.

Comments

Beka said…
well i wish i wasn't jaded concerning this either. but i have definitely kept hoping and waiting that the best friend thing will eventually "win". . . i'm still waiting in fact! the only thing i know for sure about dating is that if it's right then it will work out. kinda stinks huh ha ha
Cecilly said…
ha ha yes, it does!