a re-run of today



3:30 a.m.   wake up from dreams of capturing criminals. restlessly fight getting back to sleep. no more Mentalist before bed.

9:00 a.m.   lazily wake up for reals, and stumble around the house, wondering what I'm supposed to be doing. I seriously need a decent night's rest (without the use of Nyquil...)

11:30 a.m. hit the mountain to get firewood for the next 7 hours. trip while carrying wood, work out my awesome muscles, get my arms scraped up like an emo slasher, acquire about 12 new bruises, be present as someone learns what the Confederate flag looks like, realize once more how much I love my family's definition of "fun", have some personal reflection time in the woods, feel the insane desire to go CAMPING!!! *tangent: I want to go camping. REALLY bad. But I need a token boy. Why? Because, for some reason, the presence of a boy equals safety. Girls can't go camping on their own. It's just weird/wrong/scary. But the one token boy solves this dilemma. Fair? Hardly. To any boy reading this blog (btw, if you are, you're already a good boy), please just propose the idea of a camping trip. I will freak out with joy and excitedly make all the details. Let's take 50 people. Puh-lease. I want to go camping. Tangent: END*
.......listen to T-Swift & Sugarland in the truck on the way home.

7:00 p.m.  arrive home from the mountain, do three cartwheels, and go to clean two businesses (GRACO) with the fam because that's what we do.

10:00 p.m.  anxiously check my e-mail, shower for the first time today, shove my face with nachos because that's the only food I love, introduce my parentals to Mentalist.

11:59 p.m.  feel the bruises & aches from a gratifying day's work. facebook stalk for five minutes. journal. think about if I should read my scriptures or listen to a talk as I fall asleep..... hmmm.... the options......

Comments