if you knew you couldn't fail

The Ashby family. Seriously, my ROLE models!
Katherine (next to me) and I knew
each other from FBLA days.
Heart her family.
Yesterday I went to the MUSA closing social, with Franklin Covey CEO Bob Whitman as keynote speaker. One familiar message stood out:

"What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?"

participate in an iron-man triathlon
somehow show that person I like that I like him
put my best effort into all of my work -- school, extra-curricular
talk to and care about every person I meet--at every stop light, line, event, etc.
laugh. laugh so hard it hurts. laugh until I don't feel guilty for the time I'm wasting
cook. cook well
go to Africa and start a business
take a 3-month hippy vacation across the states, with no true destination


my thoughts varied from silly to somber

MUSA closing social.
May I say I LOVE playing dress up?
Saw Carrie there--super duper fun!
Jeff & I are "formal occasion twinners."
the third answer, put my best effort into all of my work, was one I especially felt connected to. I've been working on a group project, which I know looks less-than-quality. I'm sure it looks average to all the other groups, but I can't look at it without disgust.
I can do better than this. Why didn't I? I threw my heart and soul into the Kraft Case Competition, but I couldn't give my same dedication to classes--which I receive a GRADE for.

I blame it on the group not motivating me. Since when, though, was it their problem to find out what lights me up and will get me to throw my heart into it?
Next, I shift responsibility to the time spent helping others. Kay, if I'm about to throw kindness under the train, I am glutton for punishment. 


So... I settled with the conclusion that I am a slacker.
But this next semester will be different (gee, where have I heard that before?)

Comments

Clara said…
you are inspiring :) I LOVE YOU CEC!