and so it begins all over again

this time of life is familiar to many—the beginning of a new semester: new roommates, new apartment complex, new cute boys, new apartment rules, new styles, new friends…an exciting plethora of newness

Accompanied with the novelty of life’s changes is nervousness about fitting in, boxes to be unpacked, roommates to adjust to and understand, more boxes to be unpacked, and odd smells to get used to. Oh, did I mention boxes to be unpacked?

I have been excited for weeks about this change. About being able to make new friends in a new atmosphere. Today the fateful day arrived, and my car, Frederick, was packed with boxes. I established domain in the largest of the three rooms in our apt, then made several more loads for goods. The move was tiring, and I started feeling an all-too-familiar feeling: doubt. My roommates seem cool, but there’s always that nagging in my mind whenever I start something new: should I be doing this? Why didn’t I just stick to how things were? What if my roommates have weird bodily functions? 

I love where I've been. But… this semester will work out. Beautifully. Wonderfully.
To be stuck in the past is a tragic thing; today holds so much more promise than the past ever could.

To celebrate my first day in this new apartment, I am watching a movie about bloggingJulie and Julia. Full circle. I blog. She blogs. We all scream for blogging...or...something like that. 

My apartment is stuck on the very end. In the boonies. Rather than be troubled by this premature reason to be anti-social, I am going to take it with a smile and a hearty laugh. 







So... a toast to this summer. May it be the most magical, enchanting summer of my life. 

Comments

Jeff Whitlock said…
Heres to the Colony!
Clara said…
sorry Cec, this summer can't beat last. unless I'm in this one too ;)
Adrienne said…
Well Nathan's apartment was in the boonies and that's where we fell in love. Maybe that will happen to you...