Elliott Carter Jack

ELLIOTT CARTER JACK!!!!!
Kristie and I were able to join Adrienne & Nathan at the hospital and be there for the hour of card-playing before she actually delivered him.
I'm an auntie--
That thought elates me.
I hope to be the best aunt ever:
be his confidant, friend, and example.

I'm amazed how quickly life moves on--a baby changes everything.

Viewing Adrienne as a mom and Nathan as a dad is indescribable. This is their child. They will raise him. For years and years. They will learn from him, and he from them. 

While Kristie & I were at the hospital, Neltje e-mailed me a li'l somethin' somethin' about being an aunt. It was then that I realized.... I'm an AUNT!!! 

"Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and love like a friend."


I have every intention of living up to that. 
Starting now
Ending never.



Comments

~Christine~ said…
You will be the best Aunt ever! I'm sure of it!
Cecilly said…
Thanks so much, Christine! How is it? Give me the joyous, dirty details of what to expect. :)