I choose to care, you know

Tonight was fun! I was on campus working hard all day on my Marriott School essay and homework for an exam. I met up with Jeff, a friend from last year. We had a really great chat and he invited me to take this micro finance course he was going to do second block of this semester, so starting today. Sounds wonderful! I went, and thoroughly enjoyed the class. Yes, this route is what I want to do.

FHE was "pupkin craving," and I did a snowman on my demented pupkin. Gorgeous. Then Kristie and I decorated cookies at Adrienne's. Halloween cookies. Yummalicious.

This is about the time the minor frustrations started. I didn't want to just go home and study yet; I felt a need to socialize or something, so I thought I'd be nice and take some cookies to some guys in the ward with whom I'm friends. I think I come across as obnoxious or something (weird, I know...), because I went over there and walked in as I usually do, but they just sorta slowly came out, almost dreading to be in my presence. I choose to care, you know. I can choose not to, and at moments like this I was tempted to pick the latter.

I still had cookies and I texted Jeff and said I had a li'l treat if he wanted. la la la asked if I could give him a ride from campus. I don't think he gets that I drop what I'm doing for other people. I'm not just bragging myself up--I really do. I want people to know they mean more to me than THINGS, and I guess I hope they'll show the same consideration. Well, in this case they don't. Not Jeff. Picked him up, gave him cookies, and dropped him off at his car.

Couldn't even have a five minute conversation to get things off my mind before he's hopping out of the car thanking me. I choose to care, you know. And I choose to be nice. See if I do that anymore.

Comments