Blog away, people!

I go through weird obsessions in my life: pogs, princesses (I blame Malynne), Polly Pockets, Facebook stalking, scrapbooking, card-making, singing in the car at the top of my LUNGS, making photo collages... and now I've reached a new obsession: blogging.

It's like when you hear a song you REALLY like, so you play it incessantly: Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. And those people in your room/ house/ neighborhood hate you for it? That's how I feel about blogging. I just want to get on and blog again. And again. And again. I love that my friends and family are doing it because even though Adrienne lives five minutes away, our lives are separate enough that I read about her life on her blog and receive updates. Or for friends far away in a remote Cedar City, UT... :)

Readiing other peoples' blogs, I find so many parallels to my life and thoughts. I genuinely feel like blogging is going to become a larger social medium: we've gone through the Facebook phase. Sure, I'll upload pics still, but I can't tell that really funny story about tripping up the stairs and dropping my books on my Facebook and really capture the whole story of how the kid laughing at me ran into the wall. (ha ha this was a totally fictional story, but dang it, I WISH it were true!) But on a more intellectual level, you can't really put your thoughts out onto cyberspace in a collected form through other social mediums.
People are BRILLIANT. Even the most seemingly dull person comes up with really interesting points that maybe they don't feel comfortable verbally expressing: and perhaps by receiving confidence and support through writing, we would HEAR more level-headed solutions. You blog it, people you value express their thoughts and feedback. THEN you shout to the world your ideas, rather than just accepting that you are right before you really hear other points.

Comments

Adrienne said…
I am here, so I am awesome.