Friends, Failure, and ... Freedom? ;)

Adrienne has instilled in me a revival of my blog. I sometimes don't know what to write, but I decided just to tell about my life. This week is perfect for writing about--SO much has happened!

Point 1:
(1) If I don't get 8 hours of sleep, I am a monster. And every day during the week I have
managed to get under those precious 8 hours.


Event 1: Thursday. True Blue Football. I had planned on going to this all week, but that day was rainy and cold so I nearly ditched out; I revitali
zed my spirit, though, and convinced myself that if I find reasons to ditch out of things, I always will in life. I need to start bucking up and make the most of every moment--be it in the rainy day or the late mornings.

Event 2: Friday. So... when Friday rolled around and I had no
classes, I woke up at an ungodly 10:00 a.m. and wanted to give up the ghost. What a waste of life. From that hour until 2 p.m. Saturday, I studied econ straight through.
Abbie & Allie (spelling?) came to Provo, so I planned to have a sleepover with them!
BUT I was so consumed in studying that Kristine was awesome enough to step in and hang out with them so they weren't in Provo with nobody to hang with.
I practiced dance with this kid from my dance class for an hour in the middle of studying, which was such a great venting. We talked about language some, which got me thinking about how I don't know what language I am going to take: I am deciding between Swahili and French. These choices are becaus
e I want to [somehow] work in Africa, and those are both very prominent. French is BEAUTIFUL!!! But Swahili is epic--WHO knows Swahili? ;) It's awesome. I'm not too concerned... I'll learn when I learn.
I am LOVING social dance! We did foxtrot, and are now onto cha cha. Umm... cha cha equals VERY YES!!
I stayed on campus till midnight, then went home for our party of slumber!

Event 3: Saturday. Sacrificing HELP reunion. Door decorating. PBL. Econ exam. Football game. Twice baked potato cooking endeavor.

Sacrificing HELP reunion: I was so dedicated to my studies that I opted out of going to an Africa reunion--one which I have been looking forward to for the last MONTH. I saw that my greater need was to understand econ better so I could do well on my exam, so I showed myself my priorities by hitting the library rather than the road. My heart broke a little at not going, no lie.

Door decorating. Adrienne & Nathan were taking the LSAT, and as I was studying I got a crazy
idea to decorate their door--and I DID!!! It was fun, and I thought it turned out cute. Just
something for them to have when they
got home.

PBL. The meeting went well; not much there... I am enjoying being an officer and feeling responsibility. Responsibility. What a new thing.

Econ exam. This was the crux of my weekend. After probably 10+ hours of studying, I left the test... unsettled. I did not do well, and I was torn up inside. I had made sacrifices, kept my focus wholly on the exam... so why did I not perform well? I could tear myself up inside if I choose to, but what good does that do? None. Tried that last year, and I ended up feeling even worse about all of school. I need to study earlier. Longer. Focus. It's hard, but I have to.

Football game. Needless to say, after coming out of the test I was not a thrilled chika, but I knew if I were to enjoy the game (which I wanted to), I had to get a better attitude. I turned on music I enjoy (COUNTRY!!) and got pumped up for the game. The game itself was a blast! Adrienne, Nathan, Kristie, and I got tickets together. Kristie opted out of the game, but we three went and had a splendid time. Adrienne and I took about 10 minutes writing "Y" on our cheek. We had a problem of it looking like a trident. ha ha Good times. I actually am understanding football--and even LIKING it!!! WHOA!!!

So now I sit, blogging this and listening to French music. :)
C'est la vie!

Comments

Rhet said…
Sounds like you had an amazing week!! Follow me! rhetgardner.blogspot.com :)